Not Dead Yet, But Been A Bit Preoccupied!

Sep 4, 2007
Must apologise for lack of presence here last couple of years.

Mainly caused by nearly all my time and finance being tied up with finding a bit of land in Doi Saket, designing a simple house, raising money, getting it built and finally moving in end of last year and settling in, gardening etc.

Not really subjects for GTR, hence lack of posts

Now looking to get back out again and so will keep an eye out to see what is going on. Cheers John

GTR-Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2016
Thailand
Hi John

Good to hear from you again and delighted that you've been using your time constructively, so to speak! :)

I've been in the same situation, albeit in a different province, after buying a 1/2 acre lot 4 years ago. Lots of manual labour on landscaping and plantings, and a 2 year house building project. We moved in last September...

We could actually start a House Building forum if it was of value? :idea:

Sep 4, 2007
Hi Ben,
Happy to know you are still involved. I will have to get over your way sometime and compare notes

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Gday John & welcome back.

Good to know you've got yourself a bit of land & a house now.
Well done,

It's a long long time since we last met - what bike(s) are you riding now?

Sep 4, 2007
Cheers David,
Not been riding much last 20 months for reasons stated and my decent bikes went to help pay for the project. Now getting back going again with a 2007 F650GS that I have done quite a lot of work on and now its a goer for decent tour trips. And also and suprising myself against an internal prejudice, a Benelli TNT300. I cannot find much opinion about this bike apart from "Oh no its Chinese", but I am impressed, its a great little runaround with more character than the Jap 300's. So far after 15 months and 4000km its wearing very well. Interested to know if anyone else here has one.
tnt300.jpg

Reactions: Moto-Rex

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
Good to hear you are still among the living ! Wondered what happened to you. We also live in the Doi Saket area - will have to meet for a coffee one day.

Sep 4, 2007
Good to hear you are still among the living ! Wondered what happened to you. We also live in the Doi Saket area - will have to meet for a coffee one day.
Look forward to getting together, welcome for coffee at my place, or local coffee shop. If you know Papas garden, resort gym and swimming pool, turning left out of Papas, we are in the first Soi on the left side, second house on left. Mobile 0818825122. Cheers, John

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
Thanks John. We live down that same road - Ban Pa Yang Ngam - neighbors ! Arrive back from work mid November. Getting some medical issues sorted here before I return.

Sep 4, 2007
All the best with the medical stuff. See you when back here in the cooler dryer season. Great riding weather

Rod Page

Subscribed
Jan 7, 2010
Have wondered some time from afar where you are. Pleased to read all's well.

Sep 4, 2007
Have wondered some time from afar where you are. Pleased to read all's well.
Cheers, Rob, missing your unique ride reports, any chance you are back here sometime, or are you still doing reports for some other region. I have only just started reading and catching up again?

Rod Page

Subscribed
Jan 7, 2010
Living in Bora Bora - great place for trip reports but not of the motor-bike kind!

Sep 4, 2007
Our builder, Doi Saket properties, Ben, and his partner Khun Song, both live in your village. Khun Songs wife has a shop next to the soi where Bens house is. Opposite side of the road from us,
The above is a bit confusing, should have been attached to the post from Canthai, definitely not in Bora Bora

Nicke

Nov 18, 2010
Ban Phe, Rayong
Long time, no see !
Like the others above I have to say: Good You are back !
I suspected before that You were a man with good taste, seeing this thread I got it confirmed.
I just had to post this picture from my last trip in april.
Umphang17.JPG

Sep 4, 2007
Long time, no see !
Like the others above I have to say: Good You are back !
I suspected before that You were a man with good taste, seeing this thread I got it confirmed.
I just had to post this picture from my last trip in april.
View attachment 114217
Thank you.It is good to see that I am not the only person in Thailand riding one of these. Are you happy with yours? I have very few gripes about mine. Heavy clutch is one of them. Looking forward to see how good reliability is. Fine so far. And finish is also holding up well.

Sep 4, 2007
GDay John
Are you up for a cuppa next week?
I maybe mobile enough to get out for one close by in mae rim.
Hi David,
Glad you are up and about, sort of. I would be delighted to join you somewhere reachable for you some day next week. Just drop me a message when you know how you are feeling and want to go for it.

Oct 17, 2006
Hi john I have been running around on a TNT300 belonging to a friend and servicing it and another guys Leoncino 500 the finish design and quality is good italian design and engineered in Pescara but built in China they are superb bikes with brilliant fun engines,,love em might get one or the new enfield 650 later this year ,,also a superb bike ,, Benelli and royal enfiekd have now overtaken Suzuki, Triumph , Ducati in the EU sales league ,,Benelli actually out sold all but honda in Italy ,,

Reactions: Eoin Christie