Not talking about it, gonna do it

Feb 17, 2013
Hi every one

Been looking on this fantastic site for a while now, reading and gathering information.
So I am taking a year or so of work and going to travel in China ,Thailand , Malaysia , Laos , Cambodia and maybe next year head of to Canada for a while. Recently put deposit on new CB 500 X from Big Wing in Pattaya. Pick up around 5-07-13. Hoping to spend a fair bit of time around Chiang Mai and catch up with fellow riders there. Also do some group rides if it works out. Any way, looking forward to catching up with other GT Riders along the way.

Cheers
AuusieGeorge

Feb 17, 2013
Thanks brake034, Chiang Rai is a really nice, and I will certainly be coming there again. Spent a couple weeks there a couple of years ago. Will look you up for sure, when I arrive there.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Welcome George, I hope everything works out well for you.
The best thing is to take it slowly - a step at a time, play it as it goes, master plans to conquer the region seldom wok out here - too many distractions & places / things to see do.
When you come up North be sure to pop into
1. Euro Diner
2. X-Centre
3. The Kafe
recommended GT Rider hang outs.

4. Chiang Rai Saddlebags in Chiang Rai.

Plus the next GT Rider monthly dinner
https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/33474-Monthly-GT-Rider-Chiang-Mai-City-Dinners/page8
the last Friday of every month.

Feb 23, 2003
G'day George:

I have been to all the places you want to go, and would be glad to pass on any meager information I have.
Am currently in Pattaya, so if you want to meet up just let me know. Cheers Robert

Feb 17, 2013
Thanks Ian. Yes will be definitely seeing you in Chiang Mai. I plan to spend quite a bit of time up and around that area.
At this stage I also have a couple of Canadian mates flying in early December to do some rides. So looking to enjoy some time on the bike again.

Cheers George

Feb 17, 2013
Thank you David for the advice. Is my first time ever posting on a forum. Yes I certainly want to catch up with yourself and other GT Riders. Guess a little bit about myself, should have been in my first post. I am 53 years old and have ridden quite a bit in Aus. Last bike was a Heritage soft tail. 1450. Have ridden across the paddock from Melbourne to Perth and back a couple of times. Ridden most of Tasmania. Also in Vietnam and the Philippines. Also spent a bit of time in Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai. I see this as a great opportunity to take my time and have a good look around and enjoy riding the bike. Any advice along the way will be greatly appreciated. See you in Chiang Mai.

Feb 17, 2013
Hi Rhiekel

Thanks for your offer. I will certainly look you up when up when I arrive in Pattaya. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
My main concern is setting up the bike properly for a start. I will be in Pattaya on the 4-07. So if you are there, then we can catch up. Thx again

Feb 17, 2013
Hi Rhiekel
Are you still in Pattaya. If so, i would like to catch up with you. You can call me on 087 1482485
i picked up my bike today..

Regards George

Feb 17, 2013
Advice needed.. Purchased my bike from Honda Bigwing Pattaya on the 5-7-13. Very happy so far with the bike.
Still waiting for my green book after all this time. I want to go to Malaysia next month for a couple of weeks on my bike.
They tell me at Bigwing I don't need the green book, and I just show my receipt from when I purchased the bike. I have been onto them regularly about the book. Any advice would be appreciated, as I don't want to travel down there and run into problems at the border. Cheers Auusie George