Odd Noise

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Dragstar 400 drive shaft. Clicking sound that sounds like it come from the rear wheel. At first I thought it was time for new wheel bearings. But then I noticed if you put it in nuteral and let coast no noise. Pull the cluth in no noise. So I don't think wheel bearings anybody got any ideas?

Aug 3, 2004
Ray it would be worth having your driveshaft checked out.
It has a universal joint on it with needle rollers. If they dry out they can start to break up and cause a clicking sound. A relatively simple repair job - so long as you get it before it flys apart.

Cheers,
Peter

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Peter thanks I think yuo just nailed it. I'll get the reat bearings done to well it broke doen.

Thanks

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
ray23 wrote: Peter thanks I think yuo just nailed it. I'll get the rear bearings done to well since it will be aaprt anyway..

Hope tio have new bike by next season and you never know.

Thanks

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
End fix was change the needle bearings and rear wheel bearing first Mechanic was wrong. But she purrs like a kitten now.

The first mechinic was a real disappointment and worse of all one Ihad recommended never fails they atart tog te some farraang v busienss adn it goes the threr heAD. waited eight day siad he couldnl find rhe parts. Should juast said I donlr want to do it.

Second mechanic had the parts in 20 Mins.. on the road again three hours.

Thanks yuo guys were a great help as always.

Got an intersting suggestion from the second machanic. I really like the 400 just underpowered for passing. He say he can convert to a 750 all new parts for 40K.

I have worked with this guy for two years now a he always delivered on what he said he would do. What do yuo guys think, means new piston and a new head.

He a said about week to do it so I assume the engine will be sent to Bangkok for a boar job.

Sine I have spent two years getting the bike the way I wanted it, it legal, sure is temoting to give it a try.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Around here they say: you can't put new stripes on an old tiger...

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Ya I'm through hulucinating wife said no way get the Kawi 900. What a Gal :wink:

It would have been a fun experiment, one that would not think twice about in the states. But, here who knows. At the moment it has to be dependable not just powerful.