Owner of Suzuki DRZ 400SM

Steve Merchant

Subscribed
Dec 11, 2009
I saw the above bike, black colour and very similar in appearance to my own D tracker, in the small soi at the end of Thapae Rd near to the big second hand book shops. Anyone know the owner? Reason I ask is the seat on this bike was a beaut. Was it custom made here in C Mai? All pictures I've seen of this bike show a seat almost identical to the standard D Tracker but this one looked real comfortable. Would love to know where it was done.

Steve Merchant

Subscribed
Dec 11, 2009
I looked at the thread for D tracker seats and will probably end up at the place done yours or the one for johnadda. But this was a lovely job for a double seat and my wife will still haul herself up on the back if I can give her a bit more comfort. It was just an off chance I could find this guy. The helmet had an American sticker on it so I reckon its a westerner.

Steve Merchant

Subscribed
Dec 11, 2009
Thanks for that Pee. I'll get around to looking at that place soon. Its a funny old thing, you see a job that looks good but its only by putting your own arse on that seat and riding it for a few hours that you find out if its comfortable or not. I've had bicycles for years and never yet found a saddle comfortable. Maybe it'll be the same for m'bikes. Perhaps you have to just toughen up the backside!