GPS Track Name:- Pakse-Muang_Khong

GPS Track Recorded by:- brian_bkk

Start :- Pakse

End:- Muang Khong

Way Points:-

Date :- January 2011

Season :- Cool

Conditions :- Cool, dry and dusty..

Link to trip report :- https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/35871-Southen-Laos-Trip-Report-January-2012
Video :-
Other comments you would like to add:-
Amazing to ride this and interact with the villagers when you stop for drinks breaks.. take your time and enjoy it for the day.

577258_421076997916238_100000418237810_1456095_68578895_n.jpg

Attached files Pakse-Muang_Khong.gpx (307.2 KB)

mawbkk

Jun 6, 2013
Hi guys,

I think your hosting company is preventing me from downloading GPS files. Can you do a test to verify?

Mar 30, 2010
Hi,

Some of the links to the GPS files are dead due to the host changing the policy..
ie.. no longer free :)

But fear not... All the tracks are uploaded on Open Street Maps.

You can download the map for Garmin from the GPS section.

Load it up and you can plot your path along the Mekong.
Uploaded many of these tracks myself to OSM.. Filling in a few gaps as you moved further away from Pakse.

Cheers
Brian

J

Javawa

Brian,

These tracks are uploaded to the GT Rider host and Sucuri does not allow people to download the GPS track and gives the message:
<h4>What is going on?</h4>
<b>You are not allowed to access the requested page.</b> If you are the site owner, please open a ticket in our support page if you think it was caused by an error:https://support.sucuri.net. If you are not the owner of the web site, you can contact us at [email protected]. Also make sure to include the block details (displayed below), so we can better troubleshoot the error.
  • Block reason: An attempt to evade and bypass security filters was detected.
So it has to do nothing to do with the host no longer being "free" (tracks uploaded to Dropbox can still be downloaded) but more with the settings of Sucuri at the GTR website/forum

Mar 30, 2010
Auke,

In my case I am correct..

I didn't upload my tracks to drop box. I uploaded the tracks to another site that did change the policy and my tracks are no longer available from that site. This was over a year ago the usage policy changed.

If there are also issues with links to shares from drop box that is a different issues and I am sure David appreciates you feedback and will have it looked at

Cheers

Brian

Mar 30, 2010
Hi Mawbkk,

If you are having trouble when clicking on the link.

Please copy and paste this link to a new tab in your browser.

You will be able to download the OSM Garmin Map :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8ujjg8fj5m7nzl/gmapsupp.img?dl=0

I just clicked on the link and it worked through the forum.

The nature of Intrusion Detection may block you but not me as the IDS could see what it believes is suspicious activity.. The IDS needs some more tweaking at the host side.

Cheers

Brian