Pattaya BURAPA Bike Week 14-16 Feb 2008

Oct 17, 2006
This is the big party last year 3000+ bikes plus much of pattaya to party in , held in the grounds of the new National Sports stadium on Soi Chaiyapruk off Sukumvit road North Jomtien,

jerry

oneton

Jan 22, 2007
Hi
I cut this from the local rag.

Burapa Bike Week to be held on the 15th and 16th February. The event will take place at the Pattaya Sports Arena in Soi Chaiyapruk, off Sukhumvit Road and will hopefully include 3,000 bikes from around Thailand. The event hopes to encourage the public about road safety and the wearing of helmets. There will be a number of bands playing and an antique American car show. Some of the proceeds from the event will go to local charities.

Sign me up!

Rgds
(':D')

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Looks like at there are a Few Bikes going down from here in Chiang Mai if anyone wants to Join Us :?: At this stage there will be:
Mike on His Harley Dresser. Robert on His BMW Dresser. Me on my Tiger. and i think another Harley. Rough Idea is leave CM Thursday 14th and stay at Nakon Sawan or somewhere?. 15th arrive in Pattaya. 16th Bike Party. 17th Head home either all the way or stop off for another Night?
Easy Riding no racing, So if anyone is interested let us know :D .

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hi Ian, Nakhon Sawan is as interesting as Novosibirsk in deep siberian winter; try to make it down to Lopburi, recommended Hotel: "Lopburi Inn Resort" (not the Lopburi Inn which is a fleabox) its a little outside of town in direction of Saraburi. Nakorn Sawan-Chainat-Singburi turn left to the 331 to Lopburi. After overnight stay continue from Lopburi to Saraburi, about 10 kilometers from Saraburi turn left to Nakhon Nayok route #33 down to Prachinburi, follow this road until you come either onto the 304 which southward merges with the 331. Carry on on the 331 until you meet the 36 that means Bkk-Rayong highway, and just follow the last kilometers to Pattaya. With this you avoid Bangkok, any tollways the motorway on which you cannot drive anyway. The 331 is 4 lanes (2+2) with little traffic and next to no police, if you drive via Kabinburi there's sometimes some guys in brown with real radar ! More interesting is the small road via Si Mahaphot, sorry I don't have the roadnumber because have driven this one for many times and remember by sight. If you choose this road, please email or call me as I'm living on the 331 at the area where they just expand it to 4 lanes, place called Bowin, if the timing is ok I will join you from there or even go up a little on the 331. Least you can get some refreshements at my house. Looking forward to see you again, cheers Franz

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Ian, one more recommendation for a way back to CNX: Same way on the 331 up to Prachinburi. From there on take the route #3077 described in the Eastern Thailand-Khao Yai post up to Pakchong via Hua Khao and Ko Ta Moi, take workpermit or Thai drivinglicense with you for local National Park admission. Pak Chong up to Chai Badan, it's a small but scenic road with next to no traffic, join the #21 via Petchaboon to Lomsak, #12 to 'Philok', #11 via Uttaradit Denchai to Lampang and CNX. Overnight stay recommended: Khao Yai 20 kms before Pak Chong. Around this area a lot of good winerys and steakhouses. Cheers, Franz

Aug 3, 2004
There will be a group heading down from Sisaket also and I hope to be joining them. Would like to catch up with some GT Riders if there is opportunity. Don't know any details yet.
Cheers,
Peter

Jul 17, 2007
I'd love to go. It'll mean battling through Bangkok's Friday afternoon traffic (Sukhumvit!!) as I can get away from work at midday.

Anyone going from Bangkok Friday afternoon?

Jerry, I'll give you a call when/if I arrive.

Btw, are we all going to wear our GT-Rider polo shirts Saturday night? :wink:

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Ian, just an oversight or really wrong date ? 20th is a Wednesday, but bikeweek is 14.-16. Feb. ! Rgds, FR

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Sorry Franz, My mistake. To much of a Hurry. I have put yours and Jerry's number in my phone so be great to have lunch or Dinner or a Beer with you Guys:D . Will be in Jomtien Thursday afternoon staying at RS. Sea Side Hotel. It is Beside Yorkies Restaurant. Give me a call anytime either of you are Free to arrange it. See you there.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
Need a _free_ room...for the Bike Event?

If one of the GT members needs a place to stay during the event, I've a 2-bdrm condo...and only use the 2nd bedroom for storing a few things.
Yes...it has a large bed, closet and bathroom.
I'm located in South Pattaya, very close to Sukhumvit. PM if interested.

I hope to meet a few of the attending members; in the past I've only met
The Big Boss David, who was naturally chowing down at the Kafe in CM :D