Pattaya Charity Run

Oct 17, 2006
went on a 100mile charity poker run fundraser for a new ambulance for the local Sawang Boriboon the Thai equivalent of St john Ambulance .

It was organised by the Mad Dogs MC . 127 bikes on the run would have been more but it is monsoon season , we got soaked once but dried out as soon a the sun came out. 91 Harleys 33 Jap Bikes 1 BMW 1 Triumph T595 and my Monster S4. 3 Hds broke down and the Triumph ha ha.

I got told off for going tooooo fast!!!! they all wanted to bimble along at 60mph but I could not keep my hand steady.kept letting them all pass me so I could hear the roar then I would wind the drunken whore up to 9500rpm and let rip and pass them all on the outside .

300,000 baht raised about £4500

Great fun good food and some nice people.

Oct 17, 2006
Off to PH , subic for a week for my training course, may not have time to post for a few days

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
300,000 baht that is bloody impressive. Dont think you'd get that sort of thing up here in the North at all. So congratulations to Mad Dogs Mc & the riders. Well done.

Jun 21, 2006
The 3 nations ride Pico and myself did collected enough money for medical annexe to the local school in Koh Lak. Their whole school had been wiped out in the tsunami, so a new school had to be built. The kids that gave a concert for us, and all the kids in the concert had lost either one or both parents.

its good to see us motorcyclists are putting something back into the local community.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
I went to work, with Swang Boriboon (the accident rescue folks in Pattaya area), in Koh Lak and other devastated areas north of Phuket. Bernie Tupin, charity chairman for the Pattaya Sports Club (PSC) and I were the only farangs that accompanied the contingent of 9-semi-trucks of aid and about 50 support Thais to the region. Swang Boriboon brought tons of supplies; 1000's of prepared care packages for families (cookware, toiletries, food, clothing, etc..) and gave each family 2000-Bt for incidentals.
Bernie donated over 200,000-Bt from PSC to assist in rebuilding the Koh Lak school. He also gave PSC funds to other groups in need.

Below are a few shots of the school after the tsunami hit, which reveal only part of the damage done to the main classrooms. Fortunately, it was on a Sunday so no children/teachers were present or injured, however, at the Navy admin building near the school a few of their personnel were killed.

KohLak.jpg

KohLak1.jpg

KohLak2.jpg

KohLak3.jpg

quote:

Originally posted by tropicaljohno

The 3 nations ride Pico and myself did collected enough money for medical annexe to the local school in Koh Lak. Their whole school had been wiped out in the tsunami, so a new school had to be built. The kids that gave a concert for us, and all the kids in the concert had lost either one or both parents.
its good to see us motorcyclists are putting something back into the local community.