Phuket BMW Dealership - Now Open Again

Jun 21, 2006
Just received a letter from BMW Performance Motors Bangkok.

Their BMW branch in Phuket will be closing down as at July 1st 2007.

The closest BMW Dealer is now M.T.C. Autosales in Had Yai 074 257 500-3

(So much for progress....I would have thought Phuket would have been busier that Had Yai)

Jun 21, 2006
I also didn't realise there was an Authorised BMW Dealer down there in Had Yai, but that is what they have said in letter. Perhaps it has opened as Phuket is closing down, will check it out when I am next down that way.

Jun 21, 2006
Called into Phuket BMW this arvo, thought I would get the GS serviced one last time.

Apparanly the letter sent out was a bit ambiguous, the nearest BMW bike dealer now, is in Bangkok, the nearest BMW car dealer is in Had Yai.

Had a long chat with the mechanic there, they have sold 100 bikes during the 3 years they have been open, so it was the car sales letting them down. The mechanic couldnt say too much, but get the feeling someting else may open soon on Phuket.

Jun 21, 2006
I called in there last Saturday and booked my GS in for 9am Monday. All I needed was adjust tappets, and change oil in gearbox and transmission.

Normally this job would take 30 minutes max.....

They had me wait 5 hours there..... not impressed, and when i spoke to service manager about the delay, he didnt seem interested, and i tried to explain to him what was the point of me booking a time

whilst in there was interesting to see various parts of bikes laid out, and tagged, presumably warranty returns...

Jun 21, 2006
Yes, good point, as far as I know there are 3 1150R's owned by the police, on the island... presume they just truck them up to Bangkok, will ask around as we have a number of police living in our street.

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Vorsprung Durch Technik
or translated "we don't give a ....."
It might as well be BMW T's moto
- they surely try hard to give new levels of service.
funny enuff the only dealer I never had a problem with was Phuket.
And I've used all 4.
Had Yai - into the danger/twilight zone?
Maybe Malay parts are cheaper?

Jun 21, 2006
quote:

Originally posted by Rhodie

Vorsprung Durch Technik
or translated "we don't give a ....."
It might as well be BMW T's moto
- they surely try hard to give new levels of service.
funny enuff the only dealer I never had a problem with was Phuket.
And I've used all 4.
Had Yai - into the danger/twilight zone?
Maybe Malay parts are cheaper?

Rhodie, sorry I gave you a bum steer there.....
Only a BMW car dealership in had yai
The letter I was sent by the dealership, was a bit ambiguous

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
BP
Call Khun Keng @ Barcelona 0818150239.
He does what he can for those motorcyclists that persist with Bavarian monsters. BKK perpetuate the corporate indifference towards motorcyclists.Avoid if you can.
If you need something out of the ordinary you can try Mr Chan in S'pore.

Jun 21, 2006
Was chatting to our local motorcycle cop, last week. He rides a police 1150R, and I believe there are 3 of them here on Phuket. The cop told me that a new BM dealership will be opening soon....

have just received the following letter:
AS AT JULY 10th 2007, BARCELONA MOTORS IS NOW THE AUTHORISED BMW DEALERSHIP ON PHUKET. THEY WILL BE HAVING A SOFT OPENING OF NEW DEALERSHIP 19 JULY TO AUG 31.

So looks like things getting back to normal again, will have to see how many guys we can get along there... perhaps I take Miss Pinky along..