Pictures of Bangkok Motorbike Festival

Nov 7, 2007
Franz, the 250cc naked from SYM is priced at 120.000,- thb the real downside on this bike i find is the dry weight of 173kg ... i love that Brutale :) and the exhaust from the F4 looks very special

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hi Reinhard, thanks, 120,000 is still in an affordable range so should find some buyers too, anyway competition on the 250 market gets better and better.
Hi Ian, yes prices are still too high, that's what keeping me off Triumph as we all know done in Chonburi for some models.
Hi Bung, not that there was plenty, saw one YZF250 competition bike on the second floor, but me thinks exhibited not by Yamaha, Honda had one CBF250 there, Suzuki one RMX250 ??.
It seems bike importers still think that only Bangkok Hiso boys can afford bigbikes and only listen & import their wishlist of ridiculous powerful sportsbikes and choppaaaaaaaa's. Why would Honda think about the Goldwing which is already half a car in weight and needs to be handled by some tall heavy person......makes absolutely no sense. I've got loads of Thai friends with enough funds to do some serious off-road riding but they are not from the Bkk Hiso and are not heard.....And they go to all the other importers such as RB and the chopshops, but at least they ride some serious KTM's, Yamaha's and Suzook's
KTM as I can remember had several 990's there, the 690 Enduro R and another one for off-road, but none of the real stuff.
When asking Yamaha about my personal wishlist (japanese injected SR400, XT660X, WR450) I got just a NO as reply. Just the thought of how many Thai's would go for the new SR400, still a no and again me thinks the Bkk-Hiso don't appreciate as too cheap for them, not overpowered, overweight or overpriced, nothing they could show off.....but at least they could handle that one on the road 555555555555
Cheers, Franz

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Very True! The KTM 690 Enduro R is the King but at 628.000 Baht is the King of Price for a Dirt bike as well!!! A lot of Money for something to drop in the Dirt? Just Too Much!!! But 67HP, WOW!

Nov 21, 2010
Franz;276111 wrote:
It seems bike importers still think that only Bangkok Hiso boys can afford bigbikes and only listen & import their wishlist of ridiculous powerful sportsbikes and choppaaaaaaaa's. Why would Honda think about the Goldwing which is already half a car in weight and needs to be handled by some tall heavy person......makes absolutely no sense. I've got loads of Thai friends with enough funds to do some serious off-road riding but they are not from the Bkk Hiso and are not heard.....

Indeed a weird old fashioned way of thinking. I saw once that Kawa had a show at "Central Pattaya" and that same day their shop was full with Thai middle-class looking & buying bikes. Here in Khon Kaen there quit a few ducatti's and other big bike's riding. Well at least in the car section the realized that out of BKK people buy BMW and Merc's also.

I am sure with a other marketing there would be a much bigger big-bike market here in Thailand.

Chang Noi

Nov 21, 2010
mbox999;276110 wrote: Franz, the 250cc naked from SYM is priced at 120.000,- thb the real downside on this bike i find is the dry weight of 173kg ... i love that Brutale :) and the exhaust from the F4 looks very special

173kg!!! How did they manage that? Or is that incl. a 80kg rider?
So I am sure the hp/weight rate will be very low.

Too bad as it does nlook nice .... just like the baby Duke 200 but at a price tag of 220k a bit expensive.

Chang Noi

Nov 7, 2007
Changnoi1;276118 wrote: 173kg!!! How did they manage that? Or is that incl. a 80kg rider?
So I am sure the hp/weight rate will be very low.

Too bad as it does nlook nice .... just like the baby Duke 200 but at a price tag of 220k a bit expensive.

Chang Noi

Changnoi, i don't know why they made it that heavy...last year sym introduced the 125 Wolf on the BKK Motorshow...same dilemma, 155kg for a 125cc naked is just too heavy...i too wonder how they got them so heavy...maybe a concrete made tank? :)

Dec 27, 2007
2wheels;276156 wrote: Hi Franz,
Like you, I was surprised (and pleased) to see the V-Strom in the mix.
A Thai website (Thaicarnews) mentions the price.

" Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS 2012 ตัวจี๊ดคันนี้ ราคาเริ่มต้นอยู่ที่ 295,000 บาทครับ ใครที่สนใจรถแรงจากค่ายซูซูกิคันนี้ ก็เก็บตังไว้รอเลยนะ สำหรับปี 2012 นี้มาแน่ครับ รับรองเท่เกินใคร โดยเฉพาะความแรงก็คงไม่ต้องพูดอะไรกันมาก เพราะซูซูกิการันตีความเร็วและแรงแน่นอนครับ "

The V-Strom is a fantastic bike with a very loyal following, but you're dreaming if you think it will come to Thailand for less than 400k Baht. I would attribute the 295k price in that article to the typical high standard of Thai journalism (sic.) ;)

Given that the FZ6 retails for what, 480k Baht in Thailand? I predict a V-strom price closer to 500k Baht if/when Yamaha decide to import it the LOS.

Nov 7, 2007
TonyBKK;276161 wrote: The V-Strom is a fantastic bike with a very loyal following, but you're dreaming if you think it will come to Thailand for less than 400k Baht. I would attribute the 295k price in that article to the typical high standard of Thai journalism (sic.) ;)

Given that the FZ6 retails for what, 480k Baht in Thailand? I predict a V-strom price closer to 500k Baht if/when Yamaha decide to import it the LOS.
US MSRP is 256k baht so yep, 295 would only be possible if the bike is made in ASEAN... or if they got some super special allowance...

BTW Tony I don't think Yamaha will be importing the V-Strom at all :p

Dec 27, 2007
nikster;276170 wrote: US MSRP is 256k baht so yep, 295 would only be possible if the bike is made in ASEAN... or if they got some super special allowance...

BTW Tony I don't think Yamaha will be importing the V-Strom at all :p

Doh! I'm such a moron! I was thinking about the new Yamaha Super Tenere when I wrote about the SUZUKI V-Strom and, well, there ya go! Hell, I walked up to the check in counter at the Khon Kaen airport this morning only to discover I'd made the reservation for Sunday! DOH! I think I'm too young to be this senile, no?! Thankfully the Thai Air staff took pity on me and re-booked me at no charge :)