Platinium sold 200cc ATV's?

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Good Morning Guys,,

Dos any one has experience from those ATV's what platinium shops selling abt 79000thb price tag.

was looking for as a toy...any one has any input?

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
I can only comment on the Platinum motorcycles, I have not seen the ATV's. The motorcycles are pure junk. Very poor quality as far as build and parts. Tried one and the suspension was like a pogo stick. A friend rented one and had to cancel his ride because the clutch was shot (that could happen on any rental though).

Some rental bike places in Chiang Mai have been using the Platinum but I have seen many of them are soon for sale.

Good Luck!

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Most of the Chinese Made ATV's are Pretty Crappy. You need to carry alot of Spare Parts. From My experience you won't be getting much for 79.000 Baht? Depends how much you have to Spend i suppose? Try and get a Test Ride on one first. The ATV operator here in Chiang Mai has about 3 different types and some of them seem ok. I have Off Road Buggys and have to Carry a Huge Range of Spare Parts but of Course we are renting them out everyday and they Get Thrashed and Crashed.
Cheers Ian.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Hi Guys

yeah i know tha bikes ar grap,,i drive by my self 750 virago (today is alst day as it's sold)
but what im looking for is toy for short distance driving and yes I have test drived few times off road and that time as it's new havent have any problems,, i just wondered if any one has it and what if any problems one has had.
As you know it's NOT platinium bike,, but yes made it in china, liqued cooled engine, not so bad welding work around the bike,, but that is no problem as im welding by my self if nothing broke down,, im more consern about engine part, i.e would any like carbs from bigger bikes fit and similar stuff....

but thanx for imput lads and keep them comming,, thats why we are here,,,what i dont know here or cant find info,, then it's time to turn to here,, here is so many expert's from various fileds....thnx again

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
Hi Marco,
Not sure which engine you have in that Particular Model. If it is the MotorBike Style with Clutch and Gears you should be Ok as you can Pirate a lot of Parts from Thai Made Bikes, i.e. Sonic CDI and Coils. Honda Clutches Fit as well etc.
If you have the one with Belt Drive CVT. Common Faults are Leaking Valves, Rings and Crank Bearings. Carburetors wear out as well, Unbelievable but True!!! I get New Pistons and Machine them to take Toyota Soluna Rings. Do the Valves. Can't do much with the Crank as it is a one piece Unit. Replace the Carb with a Honda Phantom 200cc one.
All models suffer from Weak Suspension Joints, Steering and A-Arms. You can get them Made here if you need to. Electric System on some of the models are Suspect particularly Fuse Holders and Joints neither Strong or Water proof so check them. If you are somewhat Mechanically minded and only use it occasionally you should have not to much bother. In my case i notice the Quality of Chinese Produced Buggys are improving everytime i get New ones, Although my Factory is Part owned by an American Company and all their Products are Developed, Tested & Produced for the American Market. not sure of the ATV's.
Key to it is Good Maintenance, Good Oil and Lubrication.
Good Luck.
Cheers Ian.

Klaus

Mar 8, 2004
I'd ALWAYS go for a used japanese bike instead of a new chinese (or korean) made one...

May 25, 2006
HuaHin
Hi Friends,

Despites the very attractive prices of such items, please forget about this scrap metal....

In Europe, there is at present, a campain againts this bikes which are unsafe and dangerous, for instance on MX bikes the frame is braking at the a wheeling reception and a lot of other examples which illustrate the very poor quality of these bikes.

Avoid to waste your money and better choose a good quality second hand than this poor copies, again despites mass production China is not at edge !!!