PTT re introducing 95 benzine

Oct 17, 2006
2 Pattaya PTT outlets on Sukumvit road now selling 95 benzine alongside 95 gasohol and they are reintroducing it around the country , thats good news .

Jul 15, 2012
monsterman;284743 wrote: 2 Pattaya PTT outlets on Sukumvit road now selling 95 benzine alongside 95 gasohol and they are reintroducing it around the country , thats good news .
Great news especially if you have a plastic ducati gas tank.

Oct 17, 2006
My ducatis all have steel tanks but Gasohol also destroys the rubber and even viton in fuel lines and injector systems eventually

Jul 15, 2012
monsterman;284759 wrote: My ducatis all have steel tanks but Gasohol also destroys the rubber and even viton in fuel lines and injector systems eventually

Lack of benzine and the tank problem stopped me from buying a new ducati. I wish ducati would redesign this.

Dec 27, 2007
monsterman;284759 wrote: My ducatis all have steel tanks but Gasohol also destroys the rubber and even viton in fuel lines and injector systems eventually
Motorists in the US have been forced to use ethanol blended fuels since the early 90's but you don't hear too many people complaining about it and I never experienced problems with fuel lines or injectors in any of my cars or bikes back in the States. I have to wonder if some of the problems reported here in Thailand aren't perhaps due to a lower quality ethanol in Thai blended fuels?

Nov 21, 2010
Knowing the Thai way of baht-wise, pound foolish I think indeed that the quality and % of the ethanol is not what it should be.
But it is weird .... there are still gasoline stations (upcountry) where you can not buy ethanol blended fuels at all.

Chang Noi

Jul 15, 2012
TonyBKK;284764 wrote: Motorists in the US have been forced to use ethanol blended fuels since the early 90's but you don't hear too many people complaining about it and I never experienced problems with fuel lines or injectors in any of my cars or bikes back in the States. I have to wonder if some of the problems reported here in Thailand aren't perhaps due to a lower quality ethanol in Thai blended fuels?
This is a ducati issue....In the states there have been class action lawsuits because of deformed taks.

Oct 17, 2006
no its not just a Ducati issue although ducati are the worst affected and they handled it very badly hanging all present and future owners out to dry instead of actually solving the problem they defered it by offering extended warranty on the tanks but new bikes still being sold with the same defect., KTM, HD and Triumph were also affected , HD and Triumph re-introduced steel tanks ,many cars and trucks affected too but as the tanks are not cosmeticly visible the issue is hidden until they rupture.
japanes makes stuck wiuth steel tanks because they are more cautious

Oct 17, 2006
Just spoken a a mate in USA he has a 2008 ducati monster 796 and its now on its 4th replacement plastic tank !!!!!!!seems ducari still not getting it right .

FrankT

Sep 10, 2010
Think Ducati's tanks are actually produced by Acerbis, strange they never changed supplier.

Nov 8, 2012
Just bought some at PT service stations in Nong Khai and Petchabun, my local has a sign saying 95 will be back in supply shortly. Good news indeed.

cdrw

Oct 6, 2006
I questioned the attendant as 95-benzine is tagged in yellow. Yep...it is benzine, which was also reflected in the price: 46-Bt/L

I finally found a station in Pattaya for benzine...the Caltex station located on the west side of Sukhumvit, just east of Tesco-Lotus South.
It is currently the _only_ station in Pattaya which has Benzine.
I know, as yesterday I'd visited _every_ gas station in Nakula to Jomtien, except the one mentioned.
Surely, 95-benzine will be soon be available at most stations.

Oct 17, 2006
CDRW , mate look harder

There are 3 petrol stations in Pattaya selling Benzine Caltex next to tesco and the caltex near ford dealer also PTT near mini siam now has benzine
and In Naklua another Caltex has it .another shell station on the 36 has benzine and a caltex in Rayong has it , some also on the 3 near bang saen and chonburi

Oct 17, 2006
Found another station in Pattaya selling benzine 95 caltex north pattaya near the Pattaya Bangkok hospital

thats 4 now