Purchasing a Ural in North Vietnam

Dec 17, 2012
Hello everyone.

My fiancee and I were planning on riding through Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand on a Russian Ural motorcycle. I was planning on buying a Ural and importing the bike back to Canada when we're finished because I won't be able to sell it in Thailand.

I have had difficulty in finding a reliable place in North Vietnam that will have a Ural for sale. Many have told me to ask Mr.Cuong in Hanoi but he no longer sells them. Are there any businesses that will be able to source a Ural motorcycle or are they exceedingly rare and hard to get?

Ideally we would buy two newer hondas but my fiancee isn't as confident in her ability to ride safely in adverse conditions.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Rod Page

Subscribed
Jan 7, 2010
Whist you are awaiting further advice my suggestions are:
- contact Flamingo Travel concerning the Ural (or any bike in Vietnam for that matter)
- you say: "your fiancee isn't as confident in her ability to ride safely in adverse conditions". I most strongly suggest you read the reports covering Vietnam on this Forum - start with the thread on Trip Planning. Vietnam requires an experienced rider, confident in all conditions - the reality is that the topography in Vietnam dictates that you'll pass through almost all known weather & road conditions in any ride &, at times, even in a single day!