Rally Raid Uk Conversion Cb500x Adventure, Thailand.

Tab RR 500x

Dec 10, 2018
Hi everyone,
This my first time posting on here after being a member for a while.
I would just like to inform the members that the Rally Raid UK level 2 kits for the CB500x have been available through kaiyo-i-e.com as the official importer for a couple of years now.
We have our own bike available here in Hua Hin for a test ride, if you wanted to feel the difference it makes to the bike plus check the quality of all the parts. The suspension is made by Tractive/Holland who also manufacture all suspension for Touratec, and everything else by Rally Raid themselves,Rally Raid Products - Adventure Rider. We already have several very happy customers here in Thailand, and we currently have two kits in stock, one gold wheels, one black wheels and one kit with the Renthall Fatbar option.
Please visit the website for any more information or just get in contact and I will be happy to answer any questions you have. Many thanks, Tab
IMG-20180305-WA0000.jpg

Horst

Nov 30, 2017
Hi everyone,
I would just like to inform the members that the Rally Raid UK level 2 kits for the CB500x have been available through kaiyo-i-e.com as the official importer for a couple of years now.
We have our own bike available here in Hua Hin for a test ride, if you wanted to feel the difference it makes to the bike plus check the quality of all the parts. The suspension is made by Tractive/Holland who also manufacture all suspension for Touratec, and everything else by Rally Raid themselves,Rally Raid Products - Adventure Rider. We already have several very happy customers here in Thailand, and we currently have two kits in stock, one gold wheels, one black wheels and one kit with the Renthall Fatbar option.
Please visit the website for any more information or just get in contact and I will be happy to answer any questions you have. Many thanks, TabView attachment 130182

Can highly recommend the RR upgrade. Had one on my old CB500x, Level One only, but did the trick already, big improvement! Tab, won't be game for another one, moved on to a Scrambler, but would be interested to know where you got the small lift you are using with the Honda? tnx Horst

Horst

Nov 30, 2017
Can highly recommend the RR upgrade. Had one on my old CB500x, Level One only, but did the trick already, big improvement! Tab, won't be game for another one, moved on to a Scrambler, but would be interested to know where you got the small lift you are using with the Honda? tnx Horst

Reactions: Tab RR 500x

Andy Ponnaz

Aug 24, 2017
I've got an 2016 RR 500X Adventure (Level 2) parked in my garage in Bangna, Bangkok, if anyone wants to test one. It's a great bike and does more than promised. Suspension and handling are exemplary and the basic bike is tough as hell. Preparing to ride to North Laos in a few weeks - again! :))

Reactions: Maz and Tab RR 500x

Nick Huahin

May 14, 2019
Hi everyone,
Please visit the website for any more information or just get in contact and I will be happy to answer any questions you have. Many thanks, TabView attachment 130182

Nick Huahin

May 14, 2019
As a keen rider in Thailand I was looking for a bike that provided reliability, comfort and economy. Getting closer to the dreaded 60 year old mark I wanted a bike that could be easily handled both on and off road. The 500x certainly provided the majority of what I was looking for and I have spent many hours on the road exploring Thailand, I must admit the stock model does have a few shortcomings off the beaten track especially the suspension! I have now upgraded my wheels with the full Rally Raid kit and continue to be amazed at the difference it makes to the overall bike performance. I see that Honda are already recognising the modifications with the 2019 model having a new 19inch front wheel and a more advanced suspension system but they are still a long way from producing a fully kitted out Rally Raid bike. I have absolutely no reservations in recommending anybody who has a 500x to do this modification, amazing stuff
IMG_20190501_080558.jpg
IMG_20190202_093847.jpg

Tab RR 500x

Dec 10, 2018
Hi Horst, thanks for the reply, I'll do you a deal, free stand with purchase of a kit!! Alternativly, I got the stand off Lazada TH.

Horst

Nov 30, 2017
Hi Tab, thanks, the CB500 is a great little bike and it gets you everywhere, but thats about all it does, and thats alright... If you want to have fun and a bit more ooompf, it just doesn't have it. I take it on a RTW trip knowing that it'll get me there, but I'd rather use another bike for having fun in the mountains. Two up she's certainly lacking power. For off-road, way too heavy, but of course you can get her up the hill, again, I'd rather use a light dirt bike. So Yes, great bike, can do a lot, but nothing very well... Tnx for the pointer, I'll check at Lazada.

Grahame Beecham

May 14, 2019
I bought my Rally Raid level 3 kit from Tab at Kaiyo who also fitted this for me and the transformation was amazing. I would have loved the Africa Twin but couldn't afford it and to be honest I am a lot happier with the light weight 500x when dirt roading and I have a lot more confidence, so its a trade off but a completely different bike to the standard bike and I would recommend anyone to make the changes.

Reactions: Tab RR 500x

Tab RR 500x

Dec 10, 2018
What exactly is included in a kit, just wheels and suspension?
Hi, There is a full list of parts on the website, kaiyo-i-e.com, but the kit is around 75 seperate parts, including totally replaycing the standard rear suspension, all the internals of the forks both with 50mm more travel, triple clamps, front mudguard, 19" heavy duty spoked front wheel and 17" heavy duty rear spoked wheel.

Jeff 1000

Apr 12, 2018
I have the seat mod, brought from seat concepts in America for the cbx if any of you guys are interested.
In case anyone is unfamiliar, it basically just takes the step out of the seat. Better for a taller rider like myself, more of an enduro ride height and feel. It was good for “off road” riding with my enduro style pegs - standing up etc ;)
It’s off the bike now and not any longer wanted, just collecting dust.
Was expensive, but now a bargain..!
0884061962 best regards..

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
I have the seat mod, brought from seat concepts in America for the cbx if any of you guys are interested.
In case anyone is unfamiliar, it basically just takes the step out of the seat. Better for a taller rider like myself, more of an enduro ride height and feel. It was good for “off road” riding with my enduro style pegs - standing up etc ;)
It’s off the bike now and not any longer wanted, just collecting dust.
Was expensive, but now a bargain..!
0884061962 best regards..

Any chance of a photo & a price...

Reactions: Ian Bungy

canthai

Subscribed
Apr 8, 2015
CB500X 2019 - 222,000 THB
RR Kit - 145,000
Total - 367,000
What is wrong with this picture ? For a 40HP bike ?

Jeff 1000

Apr 12, 2018
Any chance of a photo & a price...

Hi.
Just google seat concepts fall seat cb500x • pictures + reviews.

Same as the picture, inside / material made from, is solid soft white colored rubber with dark grey non slip cover.

I can send pics if you really want, please mail me at [email protected] or pm through Facebook messenger: jeffrey griffin lampang, will find me !

You will see $200 new excluding int postage and getting robbed of import tax, as I did.

Condition is as new, didn’t use if long, now rips / tears or even any wear at all.

I’ll forward anywhere in Thailand for 4000 B inc of postage.

My cbx is currently for sale now, that’s why the other seat went back on btw. Can see bike for sale on my Facebook page, should ad here really..

2016 Black, 11,500 km, many extras 159,000 B

Verseys is next, for a wee bit more height..!

Tab RR 500x

Dec 10, 2018
RR Kit - 145,000
Total - 367,000
Honda 250 rally 145000 baht , Africa twin around 650000 baht , new 18 model 500x with kit 345000 baht. Bang in the middle, price wise, and 47 hp.

Maz

May 26, 2019
I got mine on Facebook, 2150b(can't remember if plus post), works well and quite strongly made)

Jul 20, 2013
RR Kit - 145,000
Total - 367,000
Yes some could say a rather poorly engineered bike (limited fork travel etc) with a very expensive upgrade, um not so good?

Tab RR 500x

Dec 10, 2018
Yes some could say a rather poorly engineered bike (limited fork travel etc) with a very expensive upgrade, um not so good?
Hi John, why badly engineered? And the limited suspension travel is solved with a very high quality european manufactured parts. I think the many RTW Rally Raid kitted bike owners would disagree, but we are all allowed an opinion.

Feb 16, 2012
Did RR finally make the mounts to lower the foot pegs? I've got the Level 3 kit with most of the extras but think that's one small item that keeps the bike from being complete.
As it is, it's too tall for shorter riders and for me (5'10") and above the seating is too cramped.

If you have them I'd love to get a pair when I come thru Hua Hin...