Recommended Bangkok bike shop for electrical work?

Jul 20, 2013
Need to add some loud horns to my Versys - could do this myself but condo I am in is not conducive to working on bikes. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a bike workshop that does good electrical work?

Thanks for any info

Jul 20, 2013
TonyBKK;301609 wrote: No doubt your Kwacka dealer could install them for you?
Tony this is the third attempt in posting this - my internet is currently very flaky very slow page loading - slow to the point of being unusable - True are blaming some typhoon damaged cable. Anyway thanks for the steer but was bit put off asking dealers as when I asked my Honda one to put loud horns on my new PCX they adamantly refused. Also my Versys is second hand and have it serviced at Rama 9 Kwak (suspect they would not fit after market parts) so have no connection with original dealer Real Motorsports but suppose a ride over would not be too much of an effort!

Appreciate the help.

Dec 27, 2007
^ Yes, True Internet is Thailand is FUBAR at the moment. Their lame excuse about a damaged cable is bs since other providers are still providing decent connection speeds. I'm running my pc through a data connection to my phone at the moment as True is nearly unusable.

Kawasaki Rama 9 will not install aftermarket parts, but the private franchises such as Motoholic in Thonburi and Real Motorsports in Ramkamhaeng will.

For something as simple as aftermarket horns you could go just about anywhere. DR Bike's new showroom / workshop on Pradit Manutharm (not far from the Honda Big Wing) is quite competent. Another option is the mechanic at DirtShop who does quite good work or that big bike shop next to the Pirelli Dealer on Onnut (can't remember the name off the top of my head atm.) Not sure where you live, but there are so many new "big bike" shops popping up all over the place right now, it's rather amazing! One of the mechanics from Red Baron has opened his own shop just up the road and does amazing work restoring classic bike and troubleshooting mechanical problems.

Best of luck!!!

Jul 20, 2013
To close this out I had some fairly expensive PIAA horns fitted at House Of Bikes Phatthanakan Road Soi 20 on left as you ride down from main road http://www.houseofbikebkk.com couple of weeks ago. This was on the recommendation of another BKK biker who had some bar end mirrors fitted. Its more of a bike bling supply and fit shop rather than repair or service. That said they did a fair job fitting the horns and had a constant stream of Thai customers having bits fitted. A girl had some English but fitters not much. They have stock of Rizoma stuff, YSS shocks (yes not good rep atm) Brembo brakes, some DOT labelled lids and a selection stainless fasteners. I will add it to the list of recomended bike shops. Thanks for the help, got there in the end!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
John Aero;302057 wrote: To close this out I had some fairly expensive PIAA horns fitted at House Of Bikes Phatthanakan Road Soi 20 on left as you ride down from main road http://www.houseofbikebkk.com couple of weeks ago. This was on the recommendation of another BKK biker who had some bar end mirrors fitted. Its more of a bike bling supply and fit shop rather than repair or service. That said they did a fair job fitting the horns and had a constant stream of Thai customers having bits fitted. A girl had some English but fitters not much. They have stock of Rizoma stuff, YSS shocks (yes not good rep atm) Brembo brakes, some DOT labelled lids and a selection stainless fasteners. I will add it to the list of recomended bike shops. Thanks for the help, got there in the end!

Good to know your sorted, & yes please add the shop to the list of Recommended Bkk shops.