Rental Shops in Nan, Chiang Rai?

Jan 31, 2006
Hey everyone. I'm relatively new to riding in Thailand (and riding in general) but over the past few months I've logged a few thousands kilometers on rental bikes through parts of the North and Northeast and have had some of the most amazing experiences of my life. A huge thanks goes out to David and everyone who contributes to this site because without you all i wouldn't have known where to start.

So, all my trips up North have started out of Chiang Mai, however next month I'm going to be in Nan and was wondering if there are any places to rent Big Bikes (in the Thai definition of the word, meaning anything that's not a 1xx cc scooter, even Phantoms would be OK) in Nan. The same question goes for Chinag Rai too, because I sometimes find myself up there with a day or two I'd like to spend on a bike, but without the time to get to CM and back just to rent one. Any help would be much appreciated.

Peace,
B.

rene-s

Aug 3, 2005
Hello B;
In chiangrai, only the offroad models, Baja and xr250.
Even no cb,s or phantoms unfortunately.
About Nan, i dont know.
Good luck!
Rgds, rene.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by brentfenn

Hey everyone. I'm relatively new to riding in Thailand (and riding in general) but over the past few months I've logged a few thousands kilometers on rental bikes through parts of the North and Northeast and have had some of the most amazing experiences of my life. A huge thanks goes out to David and everyone who contributes to this site because without you all i wouldn't have known where to start.

So, all my trips up North have started out of Chiang Mai, however next month I'm going to be in Nan and was wondering if there are any places to rent Big Bikes (in the Thai definition of the word, meaning anything that's not a 1xx cc scooter, even Phantoms would be OK) in Nan. The same question goes for Chinag Rai too, because I sometimes find myself up there with a day or two I'd like to spend on a bike, but without the time to get to CM and back just to rent one. Any help would be much appreciated.

Peace,
B.

Brent
Thanks for the compliments (which of the Davids are you referring to?) on the value of the board. It certainly sounds like you must have had a good time (the most amazing experiences of yur life), so let's hope that you can find the time to share some of your trips with us. All contributions no matter how big or small are welcome. Meanwhile keep riding.
Now re a bike for Nan - your best bet is to hire one from Chiang Mai & ride there. Nan is only 4 hrs from Cnx & an awesome ride on R101 / R1091 / R1148...

Davidfl
Keep The Power On