Riding gear in Chiang Mai?

Apr 27, 2010
Hello forum!

I'm looking to get one of those thin mesh jackets with armour on the outside - similar to this one -

22yChA353399-02.jpg

- to use on a 30 day tour around parts of Thailand, starting from Chiang Mai around Oct. 20th.

I'm looking too spend some 2-3.500 Baht. It doesn't have to be top brand, i'm fine with a no name or a copy as long as its reasonable quality, a second hand one would work fine too.

Does anyone know if i could find one in Chiang Mai?
I found this old thread , is that still valid information?

All tips or recommendations are highly appreciated!

Regards,

Jan 14, 2010
DaRider wrote:
Does anyone know if i could find one in Chiang Mai?
I found this old thread , is that still valid information?

All tips or recommendations are highly appreciated!

Regards,
Yes, that shop is still there. Heaps of stuff crammed in to a very small area. Just past the Chang Puak bus station. Almost opposite (just before) the Mercure Hotel.

Jan 14, 2010
I was only in there a few weeks ago but can't remember. It's quite a small shop with a huge amount of stuff piled on shelves and hanging from the ceiling. I'd say there was a fair chance that they'd have what you want but can't say for sure.

Aug 29, 2008
they have what you're looking for (Fox copies) in a shop on Mahidol rd,opp big suriwong bookshop. also lots of other bits,knee armour, roost guards, gloves at good prices. my handguards wer almost half the price of some local stores
One thing with those style body armour, is make sure it fits good, or it will slip when you fall.
And of course you can get damn hot in it.
btw quality goggles/lenses are expensive here

Apr 27, 2010
Thanks a lot for the replies!

alrikki wrote: they have what you're looking for (Fox copies) in a shop on Mahidol rd,opp big suriwong bookshop. also lots of other bits,knee armour, roost guards, gloves at good prices. my handguards wer almost half the price of some local stores
One thing with those style body armour, is make sure it fits good, or it will slip when you fall.
And of course you can get damn hot in it.
btw quality goggles/lenses are expensive here
Yeah, i found that shop last time i was in Chiang Mai. Do you have any opinion about quality of those fox copies?

Maybe i would be better of stopping in Bangkok on the way and try find one there?
Has any of you any experience of the mocycshop ? They seem to have a descent selection of both original stuff and copies.

//

Apr 27, 2010
Mission accomplished!

I managed to find a second hand Fox original in good shape here in Krabi, where i am at the moment, for 1400B. :thumbup:

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
DaRider wrote: Mission accomplished!

I managed to find a second hand Fox original in good shape here in Krabi, where i am at the moment, for 1400B. :thumbup:
Good to know you found something down south before getting to Chiang Mai.
You should be sweet now & ready to ride. :thumbup:

Apr 27, 2010
Davidfl wrote: [quote quote=DaRider]Mission accomplished!

Good to know you found something down south before getting to Chiang Mai.
You should be sweet now & ready to ride. :thumbup:
Yes, and I'm really looking forward to it!

The only thing i need now is a pair of proper gloves and some strap-on knee protection, but i think that would be easy enough to find in CM, i even think i saw some of the rental companies have those to go with the bikes. Then of course i just have to carry around all that stuff for the rest of my trip, which is until may... :thumbup: But i'm sure that will sort it self out along the way..