Running In...

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Jul 16, 2019
The vdo

Eoin I downloaded & uploaded to youtube.
Hope you don't mind.
Thank you, David. I need to get better at this video lark, and YouTube. I’ve got a fair stack of little clips, but need to find some time to go through them, and even more time to try to make sense of them.

Reactions: DavidFL

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Jul 16, 2019
Great Music on Your Videos and in the second one I loved Your Translation, teaching Him how to say Spark Plug Ha Ha! You needed a Dirt bike for most of those Roads Wow! Well done.
Hi, Ian. A dirt bike would’ve been a lot easier, but I don’t think it would’ve supplied me with a better experience - Just a different one.
Strangely, the hardest part of the trip (Houayxai to Xiengkok via the Mekong), which I was glad not to have to return by, is the part I would most like to do again with the Enfield.

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Jul 16, 2019
Hi, Dave - Slow and steady. The stabilisation of the GoPro is amazing. All of those shots were with the GoPro direct-mounted to the handlebars, where I would expect it to shimmy like my own vision did.
The Interceptor handled the rocks, ruts, and sand well, only occasionally faltering (pilot error) in wet clay.

Looking back through the clips now, I would do things a little differently next time... The good thing is that it makes me keen for there to be a next time.

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Jul 16, 2019
A slight re-edit. Unfortunately, it was evening, and I didn’t notice that I’d left a ND filter on the camera, so the quality is crappy, but it was still fun...

Last edited:

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Jul 16, 2019
Hi, Dellboy. It’s a GoPro Hero 7 on the bike. The stabilisation is astounding - The camera is directly mounted to the crossbar of the handlebars, yet looks like it’s floating on a gimbal. I have a gimbal, but didn’t need to use it.
The drone is a Magic 2 Pro, which I haven’t used for a long time, so messy shots were 100% pilot error.

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Jul 16, 2019
Yes, it was Black, with muddy highlights...
48967162598_900f01692f_k.jpg
IMG_0733 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr

Eoin Christie

Ol'Timer
Jul 16, 2019
I developed a few sheets of 4x5 film today, and this was amongst them (shot in Muang Sing). The film (CMS-20) is a nightmare to handle, and is very scratched, along with some chemical misdemeanors, but still carries some tonal detail...
49541839162_75b640d505_h.jpg
A001 by Eoin Christie, on Flickr