Samoeng - Ob Khan Short Loop

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
The morning was sunny but I was well aware of the amount of rain we have had overnight, so there were no surprises when I saw a bit of mud today.

I took the curves on the Samoeng Road (1269) up to just before the SCB Training facility and at the sharp left, I took the hairpin left turning which many folks just ignore.

DSC_0438.jpg

DSC_0439.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

After a short time, this tarmac turns into broken soil and indeed this deteriorates in places to puddles of mud.

DSC_0444.jpg

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0446.jpg

DSC_0450.jpg

DSC_0452.jpg

I wanted to practice my paddling as I have recently come to realise this isn’t easy and is a skill to be learned. Put your foot down at the wrong time, move your weight, contact the ground, lose momentum are things that Marc Rossi has for breakfast lunch & evening meal but I’m just getting my first lessons.

DSC_0453.jpg

DSC_0454.jpg

DSC_0455.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

Up the first few climbs, the views are gorgeous and the jungle green & lush. At various places along here, people are hard at work and you appreciate some of their difficulties of fighting with the ever encroaching jungle.

DSC_0460.jpg

DSC_0465.jpg

There are a few difficult up’s and down’s along this track but it’s an enjoyable ride.

Ally

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Ally, Ally, Ally, why is it you always do these great small road/trail rides when I am stuck in the shop??? Would've loved to have joined you on this one and great pics! I will make a mental note to do it after I am back from the UK and have some free time in July.

Thanks for sharing this nice little local ride!

Cheers,

Pikey.

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Ha ha ! Well you best keep your eyes peeled, this 60csx is great for digging the little tracks out.

Shame about my inability to ride well in thick guey mud and deep rutted gorge tracks but the soil, puddles, grit, shale and bolders are good for me.

Thanks again for the compliments, I will pass them on to the camera, she did all the work!

Ally

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Hi there Colin

Did you recognise one of your favourite venues along the Samoeng Rd, a photo I took especially and included it in another post this week, to remind you of your times there!

Ally