Shipping bikes from Chiang Saen to Jinghong

geoffc

Jul 5, 2004
HI I want to go up river by freighter to Jinghong in China and ride back through Laos.

Does anyone know of a shipping company in Chiang Saen I could contact who would take 3 of us and our bikes up to Jinghong?

Thanks

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Tony K & Geoffc-

I realize you are "starting members" but it doesn't appear as if you guys have researched this much at all. Go to the upper right corner of this page and Click "search". Enter "Vietnam" or "China" and you will get many pages of posts regarding both places.

The latest one that gives you a good summary of how futile your plans for China may be is from "Skip": http://board.gt-rider.com/topic.asp?TOP ... hichpage=2

What kind of bikes? Are you aware of the 175cc limit for Vietnam? Read more and then ask some specific questions if you have them.

(I am assuming you two guys are together as your similar posts are 2 minutes apart, apologies in advance if I am mistaken).

Dave Early

Ever notice that "What the Heck!" is usually the right answer?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Silverhawk
Some apologies from me. These 2 posts were sitting on this "Other Forum" waiting for a dumb moderator (me) to approve the posts. A slip up by me in the set up, that I was not aware of until I started playing with the set up late last night, in between tweaking a new MHS Loop map.
But yeah I also think that Geoff & Tony could be a little more diligent & use the facility on the board & they would have turned up considerable info about the hassles getting into Vietnam & China.
There's also some "welcome tips" for new users at
Link removed
that unfortunately most people dont bother to use when they first start.
Funny isn't it?

Davidfl
Keep The Power On

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Davidfl-

No problem, suggestions still the same. I allowed for me being mistaken, sure wouldn't be the first time!

Dave Early

Ever notice that "What the Heck!" is usually the right answer?