Shipping Kawa parts to Italy

mezcal

Jun 20, 2010
Hi

I've been asked by a friend if I could find the upper right fairing of a lime green er-6f (2009) and send it to Italy. Apparently Kawa is weary of the Italian post system and doesn't ship there.

Can I just call Kawa Bkk and order the part, send it to my house here in Thailand and then privately ship it to Italy? Do I have to pay import/export taxes? Or can I find a way around them somehow?

This is the first time I have to do something like this and I'm not sure how this works. Maybe some of you have more experience and can give me some suggestions?

thanks in advance
Mzcl

hs0zfe

Aug 31, 2009
Well, many eBay sellers won't do it at all or only with some special sign-for shipping method. Not sure why, but I expect Customs is tough and shipments get delayed.

For Germany, goods up to 22 Euros (?) are excempt, shipping fees are part of that amount. I guess Italy has a similar system. Add a sticker, mark it as u s e d.

A lot depends on you marking the part as a gift with a low value. Which should be true, for a Thai made part.

Closing, I would rather buy insurance than use EMS.

Hope to see you and your Boxer soon,
Chris

NN

Oct 29, 2009
I would use EMS and put a low value, normal post to Italy tends to get 'lost'. You could also use Fedex, DHL etc, but it might be more paperwork.

mezcal

Jun 20, 2010
yep...post in Italy is shite....I must know, I've worked there for a while! :)

If Kawa Thailand doesn't ship to Italy, maybe I could take advantage of this market hole....hmmmm

Dec 27, 2007
Buongiorno!
Is there some reason your friend can't order the part he needs from Kawasaki in Italy???
I will never mail anything of high value to Italy due to the terrible Poste Italiene and greedy/corrupt Italian Customs. (They make Thailand look downright honest!) :lol-sign:
Ciao!

mezcal

Jun 20, 2010
Buongiorno to you!

Well, he could obviously...but apparently it would be cheaper to get the part here in Thailand...

I called Kawa Bkk and Mityon, but they just pass me from one office to another and don't seem to have a clue what they should do to get the part. Or maybe they have so much business going, that they don't care about some little spare part...

Dec 27, 2007
mezcal wrote: Buongiorno to you!

Well, he could obviously...but apparently it would be cheaper to get the part here in Thailand...

I called Kawa Bkk and Mityon, but they just pass me from one office to another and don't seem to have a clue what they should do to get the part. Or maybe they have so much business going, that they don't care about some little spare part...
Recommend you don't waste your time with Mityon- they don't carry much stock and often charge more than Kawa HQ in Bangkok. I order spare parts from Kawasaki HQ all the time. But it's not easy to do over the phone- much better if you visit Kawa Rama 9 in person or send someone there to pick up the part for you. Yes, the parts are way cheaper in Thailand, but once you factor in shipping cost to Italy and the ludicrous duty and tax that they invariably charge in Italy I'm not convinced you'll be saving your friend all that much money... (And that's assuming the part makes it to its destination...) Really- shipping to Italy is a roll of the dice. Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you get screwed. Good luck! Let us know how it goes. Tony

mezcal

Jun 20, 2010
Thank you very much Tony! That was exactly the info I was looking for.

If the situation is like this, I think I'm not going to waste my time. And I don't live in Bkk anyway, so it's not easy for me to go to Kawa HQ just for this one part.

BTW Tony, do you know anyone selling an ER6n for a decent price? I know you have your greasy hands in many businesses. :wink:

Dec 27, 2007
mezcal wrote:

BTW Tony, do you know anyone selling an ER6n for a decent price? I know you have your greasy hands in many businesses. :wink:
Keep your eyes open on BahtSold, Mocyc and the ThaiVisa classifieds as ER6n's come up for sale often and sometimes at very good prices.

This one seems like a good deal- 2010 ER6n ABS with only ~4000km and a lot of extras for 195k Baht:

http://www.er6thailand.com/board/index.php?topic=11203.0

Oh, it just sold... Well, keep looking! They are out there!

Ride On!

Tony
:happy5: