SOLD. XR650R legitimate plate for sale( 2002)

Jun 21, 2006
2 gas tanks, stock and oversize. stock has small cracks in it.
2 sets of wheels, offroad and motard.
full big gun exhaust system
brembo master cyclinder, BRAKING 320mm disc and caliper to fit.+ braided steel lines
eibach front and rear springs motard ( weight set for 85kgs)
brand new clutch plates and springs went in 200kms ago.
brand new piston and gaskets in at the same time.
hot cams stage 1 camshaft.
uni air filter and xrs only backfire screen.
skid plate and frame guards.
putoline oil fliter and spares.
spare piston and gaskets.
spare twin air filter.
motard and off road front fenders.
aluminium luggage rack.
CHIANG MAI number plate and green book.

240,000baht or nearest offer.

p.m me if you want pics or if your in chiang mai come and see the bike.

Jun 21, 2006
some photos

DSC03826.jpg

DSC03825.jpg

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
If you're seriously into dirt, less is often more. I'm not but I've had a KLR250 and a XR650L, they were both fun on the street where the XR had the power advantage, but when it came to off-road, the 650 sucked because it was way too heavy, the little Kawa would ride rings around it.
How come this "R" version has a plate, it's an off-road bike, no?

Aug 7, 2003
XR650L and XR650R are almost totally different bikes, the L is air cooled electric start, XR water cooled and kick start.

There wouldn't be too many places a KLR250 would run rings around a XR650R in the right hands.

Just a personal observation.

mussen

Nov 14, 2005
KZ wrote:
The XR650R is street legal, and they come stock with indicators and front and rear lights, and everything else to allow them to be registered in the country they are in. Don't confuse it with the other 'R' bikes in Honda's range (CRF450R, CRF250R etc) which are pure MX bikes, and generally not registered.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
"Don't confuse it with the other 'R' bikes in Honda's range (CRF450R, CRF250R etc) which are pure MX bikes, and generally not registered."
That's what I did!

Aug 7, 2003
mussen wrote: [quote quote=KZ]
The XR650R is street legal, and they come stock with indicators and front and rear lights, and everything else to allow them to be registered in the country they are in. Don't confuse it with the other 'R' bikes in Honda's range (CRF450R, CRF250R etc) which are pure MX bikes, and generally not registered.
Not quite right, the XR650R does not come with stock indicators,lights,speedometer in a lot of countries, ie like USA.

Rhodie

Mar 5, 2006
Sweet Bike Luke,
Considering the work & goodies you'e put into it, it seems a v fair price.
I am only hoping it is sold b4 Richard gets here. :shock:

mussen

Nov 14, 2005
harrythefinn wrote: [quote quote=mussen][quote quote=KZ]
Not quite right, the XR650R does not come with stock indicators,lights,speedometer in a lot of countries, ie like USA.
Are you sure? Indicators maybe not, but I've never seen an XR650R straight from the showroom without headlight or taillight. I could be wrong though.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2 ... XR650R.htm

happyhonky wrote: guys there are xr650 forums for these types of discussions....
this is the for sale section!
Sorry happyhonky, hey we're keeping your ad up the top! :D

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
"Not quite right, the XR650R does not come with stock indicators,lights,speedometer in a lot of countries, ie like USA."
If it doesn't have above goodies, it can't be a street bike, in which case the "R" designation makes sense... So why does it have a book?

Mar 21, 2007
KZ wrote: "Not quite right, the XR650R does not come with stock indicators,lights,speedometer in a lot of countries, ie like USA."
If it doesn't have above goodies, it can't be a street bike, in which case the "R" designation makes sense... So why does it have a book?
Enough hijacking already.....
this is a sell post..give it a break.

Oct 12, 2005
Enough hijacking already.....
this is a sell post..give it a break.
Good on you Simon, truer words have yet to be said. My head throbs from the beating its taken from the prior vacuous minds.

Best of luck with the sale Luke and with a legit book in these harshly enforced times it should prove a winner for someone

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
Well sorry about asking a couple of questions, Big and Tall, not everybody has such superior knowledge of motorcycles as you obviously have. I gave it a rest after siinthai's comment but feel challenged after your rude remark which is not common and unwanted on this website.
I believe it's a valid question why a Honda "R" version is street legal, especially when there's no plate on the bike in the pictures.

Sorry, happyhonky! This will definitely be my last post on this thread. Good luck with the sale, I'm sure a serious buyer wouldn't be kept from inquiring just because of a few irrelevant posts.

mussen

Nov 14, 2005
BignTall wrote:
My head throbs from the beating its taken from the prior vacuous minds.
Hmm, not very nice words.

Remember this is called the GT Rider Forum. It aint a classifieds! Activity relative to the post on all threads is good for a forum, also good for site traffic which is good for the GT Rider site.

Hopefully some of the questions asked, and subsequently answered on the 'For Sale' threads will educate those of us that don't know everything about bikes, and may even help with a sale.

Given the current climate, queries regarding legalities of bikes, rego. info. etc should be expected.

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
FFS... it wasn't the inquiries that was the problem, it was discussing the benefits of an XR650 Vs a KLX250...

give it a rest... don't diss someones bike in a post where they are hoping to sell it unless you know THE BIKE and believe there is something wrong with it...

I don't believe that is the case with HH's bike so please keep it on topic...

[/rant.]

Jan 21, 2009
Hey Luke, I figured you would have sold by now. I sold the ninja, but now I am trying to have a buell imported. If it no works out I will be looking for somethin right away when I get back in july. I still cant help but grin a bit thinking about that little test ride on the bike, and thats what is all about. ps( can you put a electric starter on it please!!) :lol: :lol: John

Jun 18, 2009
Let me know if your going to accept a deal on this bike as i am leaning towards a new Kawasaki KLX 250 which dosent seem to appealing !
firsty because of the feeble power and also its a KAWASAKI!!
I hate Kawasakis but thats all available unless you want a honda wave with motocross wheels
Come on HONDA sort it out the kwaks are horrible and as appealing as a wave 125> my mate just got humiliated by a wave which is very sad