South East Asia - Monster map set

Mar 11, 2008
Not sure if these kind of links are wanted this on your forum but delete if not..

SEA Mapset

Thailand v8.1 (most recent)
Laos
Vietnam
Cambodia

Malaysia (Peninsula and Eastern Malaya)
Brunei
Indo (Not complete, Borneo, Bali, Sumatra, Java incl Jakarta)
Philippines
Hong Kong and Macao

http://rs283.rapidshare.com/files/14570 ... iders7.rar

I am not having 100% success at routing on some of them but the Thai / Laos and Cambodia ones seem fine. I assume those are the highest priority for 99% of posters here.

Its packaged as one unlocked almost 200MB gmapsupp.img file.. Simply upload to the unit, I cant get it into mapsource using the conversion tools so far.

Aug 29, 2008
thanks,I'll try it
as far as indonesia goes, I downloaded a free map (last years version) from navigasi.net
it works well, routable,and not hard to find on the site

Aug 29, 2008
actually the whole border region on the Laos side had no detail, but when I switch off the north/east thai maps, it all shows up
thanks again

Apr 20, 2009
Sorry for the dumb question. I'm not used to loading maps into my Garmin without using Mapsource. I tried to drag and drop the gmapsupp file directly onto my micro SD card (I have an adapter to plug it into my computer) but no new maps show up on my 60csx. How do I upload this and get it to work?

mauris

May 15, 2009
HTWoodson wrote: Sorry for the dumb question. I'm not used to loading maps into my Garmin without using Mapsource. I tried to drag and drop the gmapsupp file directly onto my micro SD card (I have an adapter to plug it into my computer) but no new maps show up on my 60csx. How do I upload this and get it to work?
Try to create "Garmin" folder first and then copy the .img file into this folder. :)

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
I know these maps but they are a work in progress. They are a cooperative effort by a group of people called Asia GPS. You can download the map from here: http://www.asiagps.org/forum/showthread ... 4#post1434

Vietnam seems to be quite OK but Cambodia, Laos and Thailand are not yet well developed. The main roads are on the map but a lot of the minor roads are missing while there are also not that many points of interests (fuel, hotels, restaurants, etc.) which probably are the things you would be looking for.

Sep 29, 2008
Ok thanks,

do you have a recommendation for the Loas/Cambodia/Thailand?

I already have the GT Rider maps for Loas and Northern Thailand, so just something that tells me I am on the right road would almost be sufficient.

Marty.

Aug 29, 2008
I like the sliders maps for cambodia/laos
althought they showed some different tracks to other maps, and the newer roads in eg near battambang were not shown, it was the best I have seen so far

Sep 29, 2008
I think I might take a punt on these RCMaps and see what happens.

I will be sure to post my experiences.

Know I just need to figure out how it all works... should be fun.

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
alrikki wrote: I like the sliders maps for cambodia/laos
althought they showed some different tracks to other maps, and the newer roads in eg near battambang were not shown, it was the best I have seen so far
Where can I find this map? - always eager to see what is "on the market" with regard to GPS maps for Cambodia