Southern Laos the video - January 2012

Mar 30, 2010
Hi Guys.
Spent from 1pm until 7pm editing video today.. Hope you enjoy this 9 minute clip.

I think it really captures the vibe for our trip and anyone planning to visit the south and has not been.. Enjoy..

Riding through Rivers, taking the bike in a canoe across rivers, unbelievable bridges, wrong turn through a village. Single trail along the Mekong. Every time I watch this I feel like I am back there :) January 2012 Kawasaki KLX 250 - What a great bike - Who needs a KTM ;-)

Cheers
Brian

PS
I purposely did not embed the video in this post as it seems to suffer quality issues.. Better watched directly from Youtube.

If you want to view the full screen be sure to select 720 HD for better quality.. It may take longer to download.

Jurgen

Subscribed
Oct 23, 2009
www.chopard.org
Hello Brian, you have done well in editing your media, it is a great video, for an existing itinerary. My KLX 125 is to small to drive down there from Chiangmai, so I might consider a tour in a canoe :). Anyway I enjoyed the river crossings and small trails ... safer for me on your bike!

Moto-Rex

Subscribed
Jan 5, 2008
Brilliant video Brian, makes me want load up the KLX and head back to Laos for another wet and wild ride..

It was great 9 days riding together mate. Thanks for putting this video together, it’s a ripper.

Cheers Rex

Jul 25, 2010
Actually I don't usually watch the vids as usually they are not so interesting to me but this is a cracker. Beautiful surrounds, great adventurous stuff and beats the hell out of freeways but how do you find these trails? Got to get a KLX. Anyone want to buy a Versys and/or Triumph Scrambler?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Finally got to watch it: fantastic. It makes me homesick for southern Laos & the 4000 Islands.
I wonder did you guys tally up the number of river & dodgy bridge crossings on the trip? Because there are a lot of them.

A big thanks for the contribution Brian,it would have taken a lot of time to put the vdo together. It is much appreciated.