Spotted: Honda AX-1 For Sale

grrr

Oct 2, 2005
Early 90's Honda AX-1 for sale in Chiang Mai at a (very) small repair shop on Sripingmuang road (on the left, right after the big corner). Asking price is 43,000B, but the bike DOES have a plate and green book, though the plate is from Bangkok. The mechanic there says the registration has been transferred to Chiang Mai.

I took it for a short test drive the other day and thought it ran well. Tires look pretty new, around 40,000k on the odometer. The only problem I noticed was the handlebar is a little bent, probably from meeting the road.

Sripingmuang is the left at the light on the way to the airport after the intersection of Thipanet and Wualai...

grrr

Oct 2, 2005
Bad timing I think (unless you bought it). I've seen the AX-1 at the shop for a month but noticed a few days ago it was gone, so it must have sold...

Klaus

Mar 8, 2004
Yes, they sell quick...
Had one with 65.000km on the clock (original odo?) and the engine didn't burn any oil; the shocks were worn out, it rode like an omelette, and everything rattled, had some E problems but nothing major, just like to cut out when passing trucks at top speed. Paid only 25K for it, WITH green book. Parts are difficult to get, if you don't know where to look.