studip question about the paperwork

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
I've seen all the docs on this website for Laos. All I have at the moment is the paper of conveyance, I don't have this laisser-passer document nor any other documents. Now I hope I really got all the papers I needed.

The Officer in Paksahn, told me that's all I need, but I remeber a couple of years ago, it was much more than that, so I just wanted to make shure everything' s right. Maybe you know something more then me.

Cheers Rudi

jimoi

Nov 17, 2004
Rudi
No border is the same. Where are you exiting? Sounds like you have some papers and this is better than no papers.

saxonator

Subscribed
Jun 1, 2003
well I planed leaving thru Nong Khai, if not probably Paksahn again.

Thanks Rudi

Yunus

Feb 16, 2008
jimoi wrote: Rudi
No border is the same. Where are you exiting? Sounds like you have some papers and this is better than no papers.
Im riding to Laos this april..
Thru Chiang Khong/Houei Xai...
I read the trip reports(too many,so its hard to gather specific info)...and i presumed its two forms.(TM2/TM3)
Thru this border,what papers will i actually need?Just to confirm..
Any payments to be made?

Im from Singapore on a Singapore-registered motorcycle.
Going solo.
Hopefully someone can enlighten me on this.
Any other tips will be greatly appreciated...
It will be great if someone can explain in detail the steps to cross into Laos.
Thanks a million.

burnjr

Dec 28, 2005
YUNUS I JUST COMe back from loas entre at houa xai/chiang kong and out at
veintane at nong kai ,
what u need is get a proper document from loas ambesy at ur country..tell how long u need to stay in loas and where u wanna to go.pls photostat u bike
paper and ur pasport.....
my group 4 bikes no much question ask and no money needed from their custom we only pay 600 bath for police with a resit..at their ambesy paper the custom and police just cop and sign.they just say to us VIP.

We meet davidgt at the hotel for buying t shirt and loas map..thanks david for
ur humble and cooperation meet us at changmai..c u later. :shock: :D