Super Moto In Thailand

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
A thread on Super Moto in Thailand. All contributions welcome.

2008 RACE CALENDAR
20-21 Feb 2008: Nakhon Chaisri
15-16 April: Nakhon Chaisri
8-19 May: Nakhon Chaisri
16-17 July: Nakhon Chaisri
23-24 October: Nakhon Chaisri

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Mark,

I've a set of Excels collecting dust right now. They're for an XR400 but will fit anything with a change of bearings & spacers. The front has an EBC 320mm full floater and the caliper offset bracket. I don't want to sell them, but you could borrow them long term for sure as I am still carrying a shoulder injury from my Bonnie smack-up and definitely cannot ride dirt or SM for a bit (most would say I can't even when fit - and I'd agree!)

Drop by the shop or PM/buzz me if you are interested.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Jun 21, 2006
shane just sent an email to that thai guy about the brakes. currently after a 5in rear wheel for the crf so if anyone knows of any around please let us know. cheers
luke

shanes

Feb 15, 2008
mate i have a set of rims here you can lace up to the standard hubs 17x3.5 front and 17x5.0 rear , but i dont have any spokes i can bring them with me nakhon if you want to look at them they are brand new
cheers

Oct 12, 2005
Honda Honkey - I can bring the spokes in from the states if you need'em. How big is the rear you have on there now?

big and tall is chasing a competitive sm bike
most likely it won't be competitive since I'll be twisitng the throttle but you know the three of us will have a hoot stuffing each other on the track.

jon

Nov 3, 2006
I was wondering if there might ever be a chiangmai supermoto club and events in the future, maybe on the same lines as the motorcross series here, with lots of different catagories of bikes ( Dreams,KSRs,CBR150's etc. right up to the open classers) and riders ( beginners, experts, old guys etc.)

Oct 12, 2005
There is mototbike roadracing put on at the kart track in Hang Dong. They usually run every other month or so. A variety of classes including a supermotard class combined with the usual KSR, 400cc, and chicken chaser classes. Good fun, however the motard class has not up to this point had any dirt in it. They simply use the kart track layout.

Check with the kart track for a supposed itinerary. Being Thailand however the itinerary is not set in stone. It usually firms up a week or two in advance.