Suzuki 250cc Volty

Jul 11, 2007
Hello everybody,
I was unable to help a friend's request about buying the Suzuki rather than the Honda Phantom.
On the book,it seems a good basic reliable bike,but what about spare parts? I don't remember having seen any of this
model in LOS.
Does anyone know and can help?
Many thanks,
Cheers,
Lung.

Jul 9, 2009
I don't know how much this helps but I have a Suzuki Grasstracker. It is more or less the same as the Volty but slightly different looks. I have been driving it for two years now with not much in the way of problems. So far everything that has gone wrong with this bike has been easily fixed by local mechanics. Because the bike is relatively small, many local shops stock parts that while not specifically produced for the bike, have worked fine for my purposes.

Also keep in mind that this is a bike that is still produced in Japan and in the form of a TU 250 in America as well. This means that if you do find something big that you need you will be able to order it from either Japan or America. It may mean that the bike is parked for a few weeks while the parts arrive but you can rest assured that you will not be stuck with parts that you simply can't find anywhere.

Hope that helps and if your friend has any more questions or would like some opinions on the bike feel free to send me a pm.

Oh and Volty vs Phantom....
Volty any day of the week. (licencing problems in Thailand not including.)

Jul 11, 2007
Many thanks Lotuseater,

Your answer concerning the spare parts in LOS is quite reassuring.
And for me too,the choice would have been the Suz,because in the family we have owned 650 and 350 DR without any engine problems.
I'll send your answer to my friend.

Cheers,
Lung.