Tax and Compulsory insurance

Discussion in 'General Discussion / News / Information' started by wildpikey, Oct 3, 2010.

  1. I'm sorry if this is a popular question, but it never seems easy to find the answer when you actually need it.

    I live in Chiang mai and have just finished the first year on my new bike. What is the score with getting it taxed etc for another year? where do I go? and what doc's do I need?

    Thanks in advance.
  2. You go to the nearest Vehicle Licence office, there is one on the road running alongside the river,direction Lamphun, it is on the opposite side of the road to the Holiday Inn. I believe the main office is nearer to Hang Dong. You only need your Green Book, there is a drive thro section where you can get both insurance first, cost 645 Baht and tax after 100 baht.
    You do not need to take the bike until it is older, ( I think 5 years and then they do some checks on the bike).
    Should be quick and easy with a bike of 1 year old.
  3. Cheers buddy, good to hear it seems easy and I don't have to mess about getting more residency letters etc!

    Seems every time i ask a question it's also you that answers, so cheers for that.



Share This Page