Team up for April ride?

ericjt

Mar 26, 2004
Is anyone interested in teaming up for a ride for 2 or 3 weeks in April? Maybe starting from around Chiangmai and heading south, either through Thailand or Laos/Cambodia? I'm also flexible if you have any other neat places and/or times in mind. I'm in Chiangmai now and ready to leave any time.

Thanks,

ericjt
[email [email protected]][email protected][/email]

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Eric
Im in Oz at the moment so cant help too much.
What sort of bike do you have / riding are you after?
If the bike's not in your name, are you aware of the necessary paperwork to take it out of the country?

Davidfl
Keep the power on

ericjt

Mar 26, 2004
Hi Mick --

Sounds great, and the timing is about right, too. There are lots of rental places in Chiangmai, and we've gotten to know a few of the ones we think are good, so renting a bike should not be a problem. I'll write to your email address tomorrow and we can swap some more information.

Cheers --

ericjt

ericjt

Mar 26, 2004
Here's my local contact info, Mick:

Eric Taylor
c/o Belle Villa Resort, Chaiangmai.
Phone at Belle Villa: 011-6653-365-318
ET's Cel Phone: 09-520-1791.

Yes, Songkron was a lot of "fun" wasn't it? We're getting ready to leave in a few days, so give us a call as soon as you get this message. All the best -- Eric

ericjt

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Mick
What's the go eh?
He's been laying low during the day for Songkran & only been out late at night.
I’ve been in the Kafe most nights after 10.00 pm & the Sax Bar a couple of times, also late.
Last night was a rest night on account of over doing it the previous night. Its called a hang over & some say it can be a common occurrence with some of the GT Riders.
If you see a red / white / blue unregistered Africa Twin parked outside the Kafe, then there's a 90% chance it is me. If not then it could be Joe, or even Rudi (if the bike's covered in go faster stickers.)
Now that most of the good people have stopped throwing water, I will be out & about riding & surveying up country the next few days. 1st up in the Chiang Dao - Fang area, then moving over to the Lao border between Chiang Khong & Chiang Kham.

Davidfl
Keep the power on