thai bike dealers cant deliver squat

Jun 14, 2008
First i waited for superbike in chonburi fro 4 moths to get me an new
mx bike ...and nothing.
now i waiting for dirtshop in bangkok ,they tould me 1 month...thats this week friday 1 month...called them today and found out that the bike is not eawen shipped yet that some time in december it gets shipped and then an other 4-5 weeks before its here...and the usual bullshit story that
there is no bikes now in japan thats why we are waiting ...what a liars !!!
there is f*** millions of new bikes in the factory period !
these people are making me so f*** angry..

klx250

Sep 24, 2008
why not buy a klx250?........no waiting, no green book/police hassles, just lot's of smiles per miles.

Jun 14, 2008
because klx250 is an peewee bike and i allready have an highly modified
dr400 endurobike with green book, so if u read the post again i am talking of motocross bike what is totaly different ballgame...

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
How long have you lived in Thailand, xoron?
What I personally have learned here is patience, and accepting the fact that some things are simply not available, for any kind of money, period. And I learned the hard way that lots of things like electricity and water may just not be available sometimes. After all, TIT. Don't ask me how many times I rode out to the water department, demanding my water - with not much success. Thailand is Thailand and Thais do things the way they think is best - or how they simply fit them into their day. You can't force, push or threaten them - they just don't give a flying mango. And you know what, sometimes I envy them, believe it or not.
Water is a necessity. A motorcycle, too. Get what you can get here and be happy with it. Learn how to make do with what's available. You 'allready have an highly modified dr400 endurobike with green book', so try to be content with it. That's more than 90% of the locals will ever have. If you can get an MX bike, some time in the future, be happy!
This is not the US where you walk into a dealership, make out a cheque and ride the bike home. And the funny part is: maybe it's better this way, there just might be a lesson here you could learn.
I love living in Thailand and after traveling abroad for over 20 years I can't think of a country I'd rather be in. It has its good sides and its shortcomings, and one had to learn to take the good with the bad.
For a lot of people a KLX250 is a dream bike, and they'd be happy for years if they could afford one.
Sometimes less is more.

dotcom

Nov 14, 2006
Agree with the above. If they took your deposit & refused to give it back you would have a legitimate gripe.

This is a rant. Unhinged.

Dec 27, 2007
KZ wrote:
What I personally have learned here is patience, and accepting the fact that some things are simply not available, for any kind of money, period. And I learned the hard way that lots of things like electricity and water may just not be available sometimes. After all, TIT. Don't ask me how many times I rode out to the water department, demanding my water - with not much success. Thailand is Thailand and Thais do things the way they think is best - or how they simply fit them into their day. You can't force, push or threaten them - they just don't give a flying mango. And you know what, sometimes I envy them, believe it or not.
Water is a necessity. A motorcycle, too. Get what you can get here and be happy with it. Learn how to make do with what's available. You 'allready have an highly modified dr400 endurobike with green book', so try to be content with it. That's more than 90% of the locals will ever have. If you can get an MX bike, some time in the future, be happy!
This is not the US where you walk into a dealership, make out a cheque and ride the bike home. And the funny part is: maybe it's better this way, there just might be a lesson here you could learn.
I love living in Thailand and after traveling abroad for over 20 years I can't think of a country I'd rather be in. It has its good sides and its shortcomings, and one had to learn to take the good with the bad.
For a lot of people a KLX250 is a dream bike, and they'd be happy for years if they could afford one.
Sometimes less is more.
Beautifully said- kudos to you KZ- you've obviously have figured out what's important in life and you've expressed it magnificently.
wai.gif

Sep 4, 2007
100% agree with the above, and when one starts to accept that, it all seems to go a lot better, one starts to fit in, our square edges start to get rounded off and life here seems a lot better. I think the Thais are very sensitive to our attitude, and when one is feeling good about things, and approach them in a positive way, they react positively as well. They will then do what they can to help, which may not always get your water or your bike much quicker, lol, but mai pen rai.

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Morning Lads.

Patience, patience and patience, that is hard to archeve some times here especially if one has been here shorter peroid of time.
I can tell you true story how that is paying "right now" as im building my pharmacy.

last week i was not feeling good as i ordered windows to us for 4 side and got estiamate of it, something went wrong my head and i did not think clearly so i decline it and say it that you must be mad, we talking only 15.000thb, so day before yested day we took issue up again as my wife explaned me again what was the deal and i was blast of my stupidity, and when i asked again from our regular shop maker if he could do that and asked his quote about it and i did apology my short coming's he smiled and lower the price for us to 13.000 and start to work today.

Let me say that this guy know me as he has been building our shops since 2004.

Here i can say from my personal side, thinking is gold, keeping calm is value of diamond.
Keeping calm is hard but try, if yuo cant walk away and shout to the tree or bang your own head to concrete wall, but as one shout to the thais, only what you get is smile and in so many cases, your reputation and discount possibilities are gone. I been living here ONLY 12yrs and still learning. 8)

Xorron, safe riding for you matey and keep it cool man.

Oct 17, 2006
I Thailand only buy whats actually available or you will be dissapointed... for 12 years I rode Harleys and a few Jap bikes when what I really wanted was a Ducati but one day i was in Chonburi Superbikes and manot had a Ducati at a very decent price including book ...so now I have what I always wanted.