Thailand On A Small Bike? Options?

Tom B

Nov 2, 2017
So I took the Wave around for its first 1000km then add some, and had the following to note. While I had to see the mechanic a couple of times for stupid things like nail in the tire and a loose key deciding to lose its connection with the ignition, now laying all alone on some road in Thailand; these were all issues resolved within 30 minutes and I was good to go again. You're safe with the Wave in that sense.

What could potentially drive me nuts( lit won't) is the 3-4 litres gas tank. To whomever wanting to do Thailand on a small bike, do not underestimate the advantage of having a larger tank. If I had to go back to buy another bike, the CBR 150(I believe it had a bigger tank ) suggestion earlier seems now a more attractive choice.

As for the GPS, it wasn't possible to mount one of the usual phone holders on the Wave without a lot of hassle, but I found this type that was possible to sort of mount, using the side mirror, although not of the most reliable construction. I considered rigging the bike up with those 12v adapter type of things that give you an USB charger or two in front, but was feeling too lazy. Instead I'm on Google maps and my phone with the screen turned off whenever there's not a lot of action going on navigation wise. Does the job excellently, but perhaps not the safest alternative.

Attachments

• 20171201_120324.jpg
    20171201_120324.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 188

Tiyaan

Aug 24, 2017
Awesome, you did it! ..... Pictures?

I had an extra 3L tank in the front basket which I would fill when long uncertain and passages separated me from the horizon...
Eventually that, or a chicken I hit along the way, broke the welding points on it. Just got a new one for 150B.