The Heat here Big Time

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
So where do we find the coolest temps for riding in the next few months?

Issan Area?

MBT

Dec 2, 2006
The higher you go the cooler it becomes. Every 100 meters in height the tempo drops by .6 of a degree. In Thailand terms, considering the height of the mountains there aint really anywhere to go to escape the heat. Here in Soppong the thermometer is readin 41 however at night it still dropped down to 17 last night which is perfect for sipping a few beers but not the best time for riding bikes unfortunately.

Hotter than a snakes ass in a composs heap!

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
So since my house is 127met above sea level i can expect .6dec cooler,,,cant feel it though, Ray i got my garmin now and have to say it's fantastic,, highly recomended, can also connect to ear phones, so hear it inside helmet as well.

Aug 31, 2005
Get over it. Its that time of the year. We're all complaining about how hot it is now, soon we'll all be complaining about the Songkran fiasco and then we'll all be complaining about the rain and then in northern Lao/Chiang Mai we'll be complaining about the cold/fog. TIT/TIL.
If you're hot, buy a decent airconditioner and drink cold beer.

A bit of a rant but jeez its the tropics.

Go for a ride to Mae Hong Song, through the hills and doesn't matter if its hot, its still fun. Make it an adventure and do it on a Vespa.

M

Tomo

Sep 13, 2006
Hi Marco, what Garmin have you gone for?

Couple of us here are looking at the Nuvi 350 which comes with full European mapping and which has a 3.5mm audio jack.

The plan is to make up a lead with micro speakers for in-helmet use (I find standard audio ear pieces very uncomfortable under a tight helmet).

Interested to know what you (or others) have done?

Cheers,

Tomo.

Jun 21, 2006
Tomo, I have a Garmin 176C, which is now superseded by 276C (which Pico Pico has)

I was shown the brochure on the Nuvi in a shop in CNX, about 40,000 baht here, bit expensive, I was able to get 276C for Pico, for about 20,000 baht all up with Ram-Mount brackets as well

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Craypot nohting to get over just trying to find a cooler place to ride. I can't wait for the rain. it's cool then.

I wasn't looking for ways to stay home I have a three great aircon.

having a little rant were we, heat getting to you LOL

Tomo

Sep 13, 2006
Hi TJ,

Pricing is obviously a bit different in Europe because we can get the Nuvi 350 for under £250 sterling (17,500bt).

Not sure if you can get compatible mapping worldwide though? Would be nice to be able to use it in Thailand as well..

Are you using standard ear pieces or does the 176 have bluetooth?

Cheers,

Tomo.

Jun 21, 2006
Tomo the 176 doesn't have the audio out, that came with the new 276

There is a hefty import duty on GPS's here as you have (supposed), to get them licensed. The price I quoted for 276 was duty free into Malaysia, the price for Nuvi is for buying it in Thailand

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
I have Nuvi 310 what have bluetooth, but supports some whones only,,
got it english map installed from Bkk 26500thb, so far i have riven and really tryed to get loost in here(Ubon area) but just cant, have all the smallest rds and really clea instructions,, also tried in to my bike last night, suction stand is soo powerfull that i stick it to my speedo meter and drive to home 40Km with speed 103(according to GPS) and it's sticks like a clued to there.
also instructions heard via head set inside helmet where clear.