The King of Nuts

ianyonok

Subscribed
Dec 9, 2008
A friend had brought a bag of Macadamia nuts to the hotel.
The bag label indicated they had come from Doi Chang.
Right, good excuse for a ride, to look for where they originated.
20220604_083419.jpg

Actually from the old Chiang Mai road, I went across the Huay San reservoir overflow and then turned right up to Mae Mon.
20220604_083500.jpg

Then took a dirt roads route from Doi Mae Mon across to Doi Chang.
This was a technical section, steep down through mud across a river and up the other side.
20220604_083531.jpg
20220604_083612.jpg
20220604_083555.jpg

I'm not sure if there is a paved route from Doi Mae Mon to Doi Chang, but this dirt route was great.
20220604_083628.jpg

After coming out on the Doi Chang road, I went to the chedi on Doi Chang Peak.
20220604_083706.jpg

20220604_083644.jpg

Into Doi Chang Village, I asked a few people and finally, near the far end of the village, I found the "Lisau Macadamia" factory.
20220604_083814.jpg

20220604_083755.jpg

This lady in orange was trying to show me a sign that said "No photos"... sorry... too late...
20220604_083831.jpg

These nuts are pricey as the Macadamia is regarded as the King of Nuts.
20220604_083734.jpg

If you buy them like this, each nut requires cracking out of it's semi-cut shell, with the included tool.
20220604_085837.jpg

Dodraugen

Subscribed
Aug 19, 2012
Lampang
Have bought some Macadamia nuts in Baan Mae Jaem along the R1252. Their sold in some coffeeshops along the road there. Good excuse for a ride on the R1252 at least….;-)

Reactions: scotty007

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
I was at Doi Chang yesterday
Explore a new way off road.
I go Baan Hakkha
from old street Chiang rai Chiang Mai direction Doi chang
After the lake and the street became a small cement waterfall and river where have alwayes sameone washing the car or swimming I go direction right
7 km of paved road.
This akkha village last year was closed for covid.
In the past no paved road the same to Doi Chang may be they paved 10 12 years ago.
Nice simple cafe at the top of akkha village with good view over Chiang rai.
Local say I cannot continue with my scooter until Doi Chang.
I try many ways but ending house of people with nobody inside at this time.
Was raining a little also.
Finally I get where I arrive 2 km from one national park at 5 10 km from Doi Chang.
No fhotos yesterday sametimes I just need to drive.
Luxurious jungle in same points I follow down only one time the water make big hole in the middle of dirty road.
But I was well organized I have shoes.:)
From your fhotos look like we arrive from the same direction,and the stuff here big boss at home conferm I was i Mae mon

Last edited:

ianyonok

Subscribed
Dec 9, 2008
Yes, that would be Mae Mon and the Rang Cafe place with the great views.

Ughetto

Ol'Timer
Subscribed
Mar 29, 2021
First time I was at this village was about 15 years ago one French friend have wife from Mae Mon.
She was very very nice but one of the most crazy girl I know in my life in them house close from where we live she broken television everything.
Friebd one day ask to me to bring her and son to this akkha village the street at this time was not paved and I bring them with car.
The day after was Saturday and friend ask to me to come back there to pick up them.
I say my nafio at Saturday want I bring them samewhere and I cannot go.
When friend need help sametimes I do but I am not at them service everyday like a taxi driver,first because I do it for free
and second I have also one life.
Anyway they get separated already with all the problem of the children get abandoned from both......
5 years ago I see one fhoto in hospital of the son.
No name for privacy
I ask to my girl friend why we no bring him live with us samething I do most of the time on my life in Thailand with many different girl that live with me.
She answer to me I need to read more book about Thailand.
The mother a lot of problem her family in Myanmar sell her at age of 11 years old to a bordel in Chiang Mai.
They are Thai Yai and from this psicologic problem she never get out.
This French friend was asking to me what I was thinking about love.
My answer was if we have no money and only bicycle in Thailand we will not found love.
Friend was romantic and not believe to me.
I get the same problem to one Italian,friend of friend just come to live in Phuket 3 days ago and yesterdaycontact me.
I don t know him face just in telefhone voice
I don’t know him girls
I try to explain the mistake and the problem we have in this country
me and all my friends and try him avoid error we do in the past but is not easy to make others understand,most of the time we must to understand by ourself and alwayes most of the time when this happen is too late.
Today with the help of internet all this will be more easy.
Different opinion about the situation
big illusion and hope for new arrival
but mistake probably will be same also if we are mister universe or the Thai woman is crazy for love about us.
Especially when I am in Phuket to the tourist i not say from how longI live here
or after they want to know about the stone of the filoshofy how to live in this country without work,and so I cut talking and say I just arrive same weeks ago.
Sorry for the off topic but street or village sametimes make me remember old story
I hope It no ruin your beautiful and nice post
If moderator will think is inappropriate in this forum number one in Thailand for know about travel and street,can delete.
Time for me is over I need to go back in my country I need to do samething and I have also 2 girlfriends there that one waiting for me and another make me a little more crazy,this happen because from 2015 until 2019 I take care of my mother there I am human and when you fell lonely you need sameone may be also a dog share life with you and help.
Not only streets but sametimes also story of life :) crazy life, and if you think I was normal probably I will not come to live here.
See you end of the year I hope at memorial ride.

Reactions: Guzzibs and DavidFL