DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
2ND AMENDMENT ACCOMMODATION BOOKINGS

JAN 21
Soppong River Inn = 3 rooms. Dave Early. David Unkovich. Bob Sensale.
Little Eden = 3 (or 4 rooms). Marcus Ackermann. Joe Haagen. Andy Turkish. 1 Unconfirmed = Robert Heikel.

JAN 22
Soppong River Inn = 3 rooms. Dave Early. David Unkovich. Bob Sensale.
Little Eden = 3 (or 4) rooms. Marcus Ackermann. Joe Haagen. Andy Turkish. 1 Unconfirmed = Robert Heikel.

JAN 23 MAE HONG SON Piya Ghouse.
4 rooms. David Unkovich. Dave Early. Marcus Ackermann. Joe Haagen.
2 Unconfirmed = Andy Turkish & Robert Heikel.

Davidfl
Keep the power on

Aug 16, 2003
I'd really like to see these people putting on a good party! Does anybody have the phonenumbers of these guesthouses? They're not listed on the internet sites (unless I'm too stupid to find them it, which is not unlikely).

Cheers,
Maarten

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Maarten
If you want to ride with us, please advise asap.
I have rooms booked in Soppong & MHS, but note that in MHS the Piya G/h is now full.
In Soppong, The River Inn is full. Phen might have some left at Little Eden, but I’m not sure. There are other G/houses in Soppong where you should be able to get a room, if you want to chase them up yourself.

Please note the “master plan” below

LISU NEW YEAR- THE PLAN
Breakfast at the Kafe 10.30 am Wed 21st January 2004.
Read the papers & wind each other up. Depart Chiang Mai by 11.30 am.
Leisurely ride to Soppong. Routes 107 & 1095.
Coffee breaks at Mae Sae & Pai
Arrive Soppong mid-late afternoon.
Stay at Burt & Joy's Soppong River Inn & / or Phen's Little Eden.
Hang out in Soppong for 2 nights & enjoy the Lisu new year festivities, then either head home for Cnx or complete the MHS loop with a night in MHS.
No doubt it will be good fun, & somewhat entertaining with the right bunch of guys.

The accomodation situation now stands at:

3rd AMENDMENT ACCOMMODATION BOOKINGS

JAN 21
Soppong River Inn = 3 rooms booked for. Dave Early. David Unkovich. Bob Sensale.
Little Eden = 4 rooms booked for. Marcus Ackermann. Joe Haagen. Andy Turkish. Robert Heikel.

JAN 22
Soppong River Inn = 3 rooms booked for. Dave Early. David Unkovich. Bob Sensale.
Little Eden = 4 rooms booked for. Marcus Ackermann. Joe Haagen. Andy Turkish. Robert Heikel.

JAN 23 MAE HONG SON Piya Ghouse
6 rooms booked for David Unkovich. Dave Early. Marcus Ackermann. Joe Haagen. Andy Turkish. Robert Heikel.
Note that there are no more rooms available at the Piya Gh.
If anyone else wants to overnight in MHS, please find / book your own accomodation.

Davidfl
Keep the power on

Aug 16, 2003
David,
I'd like to come along. Could you book a room for me on the 21st or let me know how I can book it myself? If they're all full then you guys will have to help me find a girlfriend -:)
I'll try to find you in the Kafe/Rudy's tonight/tomorrow.

Thanks,
Maarten

Jun 23, 2003
Yee ha!
Looking forward to riding with you guys tomorrow.
So does the Africa Twin parked at the Top North belong to one of you guys?

sri

Dec 18, 2003
Just a reply from Soppong River Inn. Marcus was on the list to book in with us if we had a cancellation, which we did, so he is now staying with us. We spoke to Little Eden to be sure there was no double booking. Phen says she still has plenty of rooms there if anyone still needs a place. Their phone number is : (053) 617 054

And no worries about the gin...we have laid on an extra supply!

Mar 22, 2004
I am very glad to hear your comment about the lisu culture .What you said is really great ! And it is full of emotion.As a lisu boy i am very proud of my culture .we have ourself sivilization.and we have our life style.But it is unfair to spread it without freindly.
At all .You are a good man for us .You help us to introduce our life .Maybe we can introduce by ourself But we need you help .
I am a lisu boy . I graduated from yun nan university of nationalitis.my major study is tai language .And i am good at it .So i want to study the culture of lisu in thailand .And you know lisu is my mother language .I live in yun nan province of china
and my parents also live in moutain .nujiang strait is my hometown.
HA HA if you come to yun nan again I can be you guider free.Do not forget to call me then! I hope to be you freind ! I kiss the bible say!

i am good man