This Weekend - motorsports, who's going where?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Looks like a big weekend for motor sports - F1 / SBK / Chiang Mai Speedway go-kart races? All on Sunday.
So what's the verdict, where to go to look at the goggle box & chill out over a few coldies:
F1 at the XCentre / Downunder?
SBK at Silverstone, cant see listed on the TV schedule
AND
Go-kart racing live at Cnx Speedway?

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
I would Suggest for Sundays F1 and a Change of Venue, How about "Bonnissimo" (Sergio's new Place) Used to be "Tom Tom's" on the Ping River near the Super Highway.He has a Up Stairs area with LCD and Projection TV, and of course Italian Food and German Beer!!! All other attractions i am open to? Race starts at 7 i start drinking at 6 when Race Day starts!!!
Cheers Ian.

Nov 11, 2006
How come you bikers plan to watch F1 when you had SBK live at Irish Pub and will have whenever it's on?
If only Sergio had SBK as well as MotoGP - but I've got MotoGP at home!

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
quote:

Originally posted by JohhnyE

How come you bikers plan to watch F1 when you had SBK live at Irish Pub and will have whenever it's on?
If only Sergio had SBK as well as MotoGP - but I've got MotoGP at home!

Yeah well from what we (Sandy & I) could gather it (SBK Silverstone) was not scheduled to be on TV, & from what my son tells me by flicking through the channels never came on WETV, so we went to watch F1.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Done a bit of scouting - Irish Pub closed for a refurb so myself and Jonadda went to see Jack at Chiangers & Bangers on the moat opposite Sompet Market. He's up for it and has promised to show it later in the season even if it clashes with the footie. Let's give it a go this sunday, see what everyone reckons and if it's a thumbs up, Jack reckons he can lay on a barbie or a spit roast in future.

The pub is on the EAST/OUTER side of the moat about 50 yards away from Spicy towards Tha Pae Gate (Chiayapum Road). If you pass a 7-11 back up a few paces. Limited parking out front.

Programme starts at 4pm with MotoGP at 7.

Cheers,

Pikey.

Oct 12, 2005
I thought Buonissiomo had a great layout upstairs, huge screen, large tables for socializing, etc.

The only problem is Moto GP starts before sunset and that sunlight would affect the quality of the picture on the large screen i would think this time around.

Chiangers have regular telly so would not be effected. not as good a layout though.

Thanks for checking Jeff.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Looks like it is Chiangers & Bangers for a MotoGP test ride this weekend.
Talk about a democractic GT Rider group.
Where's the next one gonna be, we're starting to look like a real mob of drifters alright with no particular place to go??

pee

Mar 10, 2006
I 'll join you at Chiangers & Bangers, guys... Thanks for the details about the pub.