Tires For Africa Twin

Rulle

Oct 27, 2014
Its time to have new tires for my Africa Twin. Honda Bigwing can only offer one tire for my bike, Pirelli Rally STR.
Im sure its a great tire but since I mostly drive on pavement, I dont think those would be perfect for me.

I live in Prachuap province, does anybody know a dealer somewhere who has some tires mostly for road use for this bike?

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
The Pirelli Rally STR are Brilliant! Standard on the Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled! Incredible Grip in both the Dry and the Wet! Many Friends have put them on their Bikes now and everyone Loves them! And they all mostly do Road Riding. Go for it!

Rulle

Oct 27, 2014
What I have been reading about these Rally STR is that they are very noisy when driving above 100km/h and that they dont last more than 4000 miles.
Think they are 70/30 tires (70 on road, 30 offroad) I never drive offroad so I still dont think they are the best tires for me.
Thanks for your input anyway.

Sep 19, 2006
www.chiangmai-xcentre.com
The STR makes no more Noise than the Scorpion Trail 2 on the Road? I have done 13.000 KMS on mine now. Rear is nearly dones but the front is still good! Of Course may depend on the Road Surface and conditions but I haven't been easy on Mine.

Rulle

Oct 27, 2014
The STR makes no more Noise than the Scorpion Trail 2 on the Road? I have done 13.000 KMS on mine now. Rear is nearly dones but the front is still good! Of Course may depend on the Road Surface and conditions but I haven't been easy on Mine.

Ok, great to hear about that. Maybe I should check them up before trying something else. Thanks

Reactions: Ian Bungy