Torque Wrench - Chiang Mai

Fino

Nov 9, 2010
Often read these forums but not posted before... Does anyone know where I can get a torque wrench in Chiang Mai, max 60 - 100nm? Found one today (stanley) on the 107 / super highway intersection but it was 7,500 baht!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers, Matt

Jan 14, 2010
Perhaps PM Franz and ask where he bought his.

DSC01427.jpg

https://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/my-private-little-workshop-t8618.html

Tubber

Oct 20, 2006
I bought mine in Singapore a few years ago but I saw them in Tool Pro in Udon, there must be a Tool Pro in Chiang Mai. 3/8" drive 6-30NM was about 2,500B and a 3/8" drive 19-110NM was about 4,000B. Made by Force, provided with a Certificate of Calibration and a life time warranty. Seems decent enough.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Close to Royal Panerai Hotel on Assadatorn road is a good shop for tools, can't remember the name but it's easy to find. Coming from the moat and turning into the Assadatorn Road the shop is on your left in the second townhouse just before you cross a small channel. My wrenches I did buy a long time ago in Bowin and they weren't cheap as imports and not chinese crap. Cheers, Franz

Feb 5, 2007
This is not something that you should cheap out on, and IMHO Stanley is not a brand I would buy, and certainly not at at 7500

Franz is describing Nana Tool, who has both good and crap quality, plus he speaks English. A saw a Sata one there which is a very good brand and makes OEM tools for the big US names. If he does not have the range you want he will order from BKK with delivery in a day or two
Make sure that you get a range appropriate to the purpose. I have 3 torque wrenches to span what I need

Fino

Nov 9, 2010
Thanks for the information / advice.

I went to the shop you suggested and purchased a 19 - 110Nm Sata torque wrench for 3,600 baht. Much better than the Stanley one I found, and half the price! Not a bad deal IMO.

Cheers, Matt

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Unfortunately I haven't found the high quality tools in CNX yet such as German Stahlwille and Gedore or French Facom, even the tools I use on a slightly lower quality scale Kennedy from the UK can't be seen here anywhere. So if someone happens to know where in CNX, please send me the information too. Thanks, Franz

Feb 5, 2007
Franz

Check Sata as they make quality tools for the big US manufacturers.
Nana tool will get them for you, or come by my place and see the quality before you order

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hi Robert, many thanks, green torque wrench above is a Sata, not as good as the red Tri-Torq one but ok. Going down the Rayong & Chonburi way in 2 weeks (earlier than expected) so then I can visit my favourite shops in Bowin and get what I want as there's a huge demand for high quality tools as most big farang owned/operated factories are at the Eastern Seaboard. Going tschoppiiiing again........cheers, Franz

Mar 2, 2011
Franz;261279 wrote: Hi Robert, many thanks, green torque wrench above is a Sata, not as good as the red Tri-Torq one but ok. Going down the Rayong & Chonburi way in 2 weeks (earlier than expected) so then I can visit my favourite shops in Bowin and get what I want as there's a huge demand for high quality tools as most big farang owned/operated factories are at the Eastern Seaboard. Going tschoppiiiing again........cheers, Franz
Old thread, but still relevant.
@Franz, I live near Bo Win, do have some "special" recommendations for shops?

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hi Vel, yessir I can be of help, always purchased my tools at:
VK Hardware, 271/70-71 Moo 6, Bowin, Tel 038-346331 to 2.
U drive from Pattaya on the 331 in northern direction, pass Amata City entrance on your right, go up the hill, down, pass the PTT on your left and before you hit the big traffic light it's in a shophouse on your left, easy to find and loads of quality tools for reasonable prices.
Cheers, Franz