Tour Guide Services

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
I am bringing the family over to Phuket in Nov (13-18th Phuket, 18th 23rd Krabi) then shipping them back home while I head North to go riding...

There will be me and the missus (mid 30s), + my mum (60s), + two of our boys (3 & 5)...

I have booked flights but no accom yet, so if anyone has suggestions at either Kata or Karon, resort style near the beach, please let me know...

More importantly, I am looking for someone to be our own tour guide and translator while we are there... my Thai doesn't go much past 'snake snake fish fish'...

This job would normally have fallen to my old mate TropicalJohn and The Delightful Miss Elle... but the bastard went and died on me, and Elle has moved back home...

If anyone in Phuket would like to put their hand up, please either reply here or PM me...

I am thinking I need help with:

Hiring a Van with two kids seats - We could fit all 5 of us into a car, but I figure a van would be easier, especially if we end up getting assistance as below... our flight arrives late on a Friday night, so rather than be victims of the Hotel Transfer fees, or the multistop "shuttle" vans, something that I could pickup at the airport would be great...

Personalised Tour Guide - Maybe one of your girlfriends/wives/wives friends or sisters would like to send the days (or some of the days) with us, riding around in the van sightseeing, help is order food outside of Patong and McDonalds, just doing stuff... if they have kids to bring along for our kids to play with even better... just generally be our local friend to hang out with... (willing to pay of course)...

Accommodation Advice - We will probably book online through
Agoda or something... but it is hard when all you have to go off is the reviews on the site... I think Karon or Kata would be nice, wouldn't want to have the family in Patong, it is just too touristy and too much of a hassle... and advice appreciated, or if you know someone even better, because I can't believe the prices... they are as expensive as Australia...
I thought 5 days Phuket, 5 Days Krabi would be good, hoping that Krabi is a bit more Thailandish than Phuket where the menus are in Swedish :D...

Any help, advice, sarcastic comments appreciated :D ...

Cheers,
Daewoo
[/url]

daewoo

Dec 6, 2005
No one with any ideas??? leads or advice???

invite to catch up for a beer even???