Up For A Ride - Who's Coming?

tyke

Mar 16, 2008
BJ i think that after 4 hrs on the 10R you would want your bike back, comfort is not it's strong point, never mind riding it in the rain ! Anyway i'm still up for the trip no matter what, and i'm looking forward to meeting up at The Kafe 7.00 A.M tomorrow.

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Inspired by Ally's forays into obscure parts of the Samoeng loop, I pursuaded her to repaet some of her journeys for my benefit next week. If anyone with a dual purpose/motard/Adventure bike fancies joining we will meet at "Kad Farang" on the Hang Dong Rd at 9:30 am and have a breakfast burrito in the Mexican place there before heading out. The place is just past Chiang Mai Speedway but on the other side heading south.

The plan is to get onto the Samoeng loop and spend the day taking small roads/trails of the main route to generally explore and have fun. Note: Ally has said that there will be frequent stops for picture taking so if you like WFO everywhere then this is probably not for you. But if you fancy spending the day exploring lesser known routes (no gnarly stuff) on your doorstep, feel free to come along. :)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Nov 2, 2008
pikey wrote: Inspired by Ally's forays into obscure parts of the Samoeng loop, I pursuaded her to repaet some of her journeys for my benefit next week. If anyone with a dual purpose/motard/Adventure bike fancies joining we will meet at "Kad Farang" on the Hang Dong Rd at 9:30 am and have a breakfast burrito in the Mexican place there before heading out. The place is just past Chiang Mai Speedway but on the other side heading south.

The plan is to get onto the Samoeng loop and spend the day taking small roads/trails of the main route to generally explore and have fun. Note: Ally has said that there will be frequent stops for picture taking so if you like WFO everywhere then this is probably not for you. But if you fancy spending the day exploring lesser known routes (no gnarly stuff) on your doorstep, feel free to come along. :)

Cheers,

Pikey.
Sounds perfect, but by next week do you mean Monday?

Cheers,
Kevin

Nov 2, 2008
Haven’t had a winter run up Doi Inthanon yet this year, and pained that I can’t take the time off to go play in Captain Slash’s play ground there in Nan.

Heading out late, 9 AM – 9:30 AM, for Doi Inthanon via the back way.

See here, here, and here for route info.

Nov 2, 2008
Tomorrow morning, at 8 am, we are meeting at Miguel’s Nong Hoi for coffee, chat and a ride after 9ish.

Anyone interested?

Jul 18, 2009
Guys, hope Im not stepping out of line but was just reading some of the posts in this thread and if your looking for a venue to have breakfast prior to a ride we'd be delighted if you'd consider our place.

We open everyday from 7am and have a really good breakfast selection as well as lunch & dinner.
Euro Diner & Bar - 34 Ratchawithi Rd ,A.Muang - right next door to Chiang Mai Saloon 2 and about 4 doors up from the UN Irish Pub. At that time of the morning parking should be no problem.
For Gt- Riders we can even further discount our meals and drinks

shopfront013.jpg

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Anyone interested in a run up to Thoed Thai for the Shan Monk ordination ceremony on Friday 9th.

As reported here
chiang-mai-thoed-thai-return-t7059.html#p45813

2010 POI SANG LONG ORDINATION CEREMONY IN THOED THAI

In Thoed Thai there will be a Poi Sang Long ordination ceremony for 20 Shan boys on 8-9-10 April 2010
John at Rim Taan Guesthouse says sleep in Thoed Thai on the night of the 8th to see the main Poi Sang Long ordination parade & ceremonies on the 9th April in Thoed Thai.
All visitors are welcome..

Depart Chiang Mai late Thursday 8th, get water thrown at you on the run up to Fang & Tha Ton, dry out between Tha Ton & Doi Mae Salong, arrive in Thoed Thai at dusk / early evening.

I should have finished my Vietnam trip report
chiang-mai-hanoi-back-t7473.html
by then & will be itching for a ride, as hot & as soggy as it maybe, before Songkran.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Khon Kaen Bike Week
bike-party-at-khon-kaens-new-central-mall-sat-may-1st-t7405.html#p46056

who's going from Chiang Mai.

I reckon I'm 75% on for leaving Thursday to overnight in Loei, then Friday & Sat in KK, then back to Cnx via Loei.
Got an overnighter in Chiang Dao tomorrow, then all being well Loei on Thursdsay.

Where are all the riders & trip reporters" gone from Chiang Mai & the North?

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Davidfl wrote: Khon Kaen Bike Week
bike-party-at-khon-kaens-new-central-mall-sat-may-1st-t7405.html#p46056

who's going from Chiang Mai.

I reckon I'm 75% on for leaving Thursday to overnight in Loei, then Friday & Sat in KK, then back to Cnx via Loei.
Got an overnighter in Chiang Dao tomorrow, then all being well Loei on Thursdsay.

Where are all the riders & trip reporters" gone from Chiang Mai & the North?
Just in from Arunothai & the Thai - Burma border & bloody hell it is still H-O-T out there. So that's it for me - changed my mind - NOT going to KK in the heat to drink a few beers for the night & back again. I also reckon it is also going to cost a minimum of 2,500 baht for petrol for the return trip & I'd rather spend that riding in the North & doing something more constructive.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused + apologies to any guys who were counting on me to front up in KK.

Feb 13, 2010
I just saw the post of the D-Tracker ride and would have joined and then went on the search for which forum the brief of the ride was at. A specific forum for rides I think is a good idea and even possibly an email list that can shoot out updates if rides are going on to those who would like to be on the list...??? Just throwing an idea out there.... Will be looking at the general board more regularly...

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Well now you have posted in this topic, you should in theory receive an email of any other posters like this one !!

You can always hit the subscribe button at the bottom of each topic. If you visit your User Control Panel & look at your subscriptions there, you can make sure that this thread is listed there :wink:

Shame you didn't come along, it was just the 4 of us :thumbdown:

Ally

Ally

Dec 13, 2007
Sunday 30th May Doi Inthanon - The Back Way!

Anyone up for a tarmac & scenic ride?

Great if this could be a Max 250cc ride.

Meet at Kafe @ 08:30, leave @ 09:00.

Ally

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Ally, I would love to but on Sunday I need to go the Rayong way on the FJR.......maybe riding it on Saturday ?? Cheers, Franz

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Ally wrote: Sunday 30th May Doi Inthanon - The Back Way!

Anyone up for a tarmac & scenic ride?

Great if this could be a Max 250cc ride.

Meet at Kafe @ 08:30, leave @ 09:00.

Ally

Ally
I should be up North somewhere, starting Doi Ang Khan / Fang tomorrow.

Feb 13, 2010
Dave,

will you be around Fang tomorrow night or Saturday? I just went Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai Offroad, have to walk across in Mae Sai for a boarder run then planned to check out te North West corner up there an then head down to Fang...

Ally, If I can get back by Sunday I'll be up for it..