Versys Rack for Top Box

Dougal

Dec 18, 2007
I've seen quite a few of you guys riding around with Top Boxes so my question is:

Where did you get the rack? Was it a Kawasaki rack or did you have it made?
Where can I get one?

Jul 18, 2009
last I heard Kawasaki Chiang Mai was selling the Givi racks and also Sw motech racks. I have SW motech and from memory it was ard bht7-8000 not including the box.

Mar 4, 2011
Dougal;279431 wrote: I've seen quite a few of you guys riding around with Top Boxes so my question is:

Where did you get the rack? Was it a Kawasaki rack or did you have it made?
Where can I get one?
I bought my GIVI RACK FOR MY 650 Ninja at Kawasaki and it was cheaper than I could buy the rack in Australia they also fitted it for the price so was well pleased.
I already had the top box an E 45 which is one of the top of the line boxes.
I boght the Monokey rack which is the one that takes 10 Kilo not the cheap one which only holds 3 kilo so make sure you order the right one I think the cheap one is called Monolock or if thats the one you want it takes the cheaper Givi boxes.

Mactao

Oct 22, 2012
Hi there,

I got my top box rack installed on my versys last week and wanted to give you a heads up about options I found in thailand.
I've got an old Givi V46 top box but don't like the Givi rack for Versys (very high position of the box) so I got a SW Motech one with the Givi adapter plate. Bought it directly from Panda Rider bkk (www.pandarider.com), the official dealer of SW Motech in Thailand. It was cheaper than the Kawasaki dealer offer for the same thing and those people are very friendly. They are shipping all over Thailand. 10% discount on everything if you become a member (you need to spend 1000thb then you become a member).

During my researchs I found 2 options if you are looking for Givi racks in bkk; Thai Motor Box (www.thaimotorbox.com) and GT Auto Bike (www.gtautobike.com). They both speak english and are shipping as well.

For those looking for Shad boxes/rack, Dr Bike (www.drbike.co.th) is importing/selling them in Thailand.

Nov 7, 2007
Hoghead;286136 wrote: Found this top box rack today for 4500B
http://www.gtautobike.com/product.detail_737813_th_5108590

No only to find locally made pannier racks as the Givi pannier racks for a Versys at 17,400 for the 2 pieces required is a bit cheeky
Got my pannier rack made at Daeng Glong Pratuu on Mahidol Rd. Very good quality, they'll make you anything though I believe that mine are already more or less GIVI clones. The only difference is that you can take off the Givi rack easily so it only leaves a few screw holes, mine are fixed in place. It was 2,500 Baht.