Versys rental with panniers/ topcase in northern Thailand (Chiang Mai)??

Aug 31, 2009
Hello!

I'm looking to rent 2 Kawasaki Versys' with topcase and panniers for 2 couples riding 2-up for a couple of weeks in northern Thailand. I've found the Versys for rent in CM, but, alas, without panniers/ top case. Looks like Chiang Rai Big Bike Rentals may have the top case and panniers, but we're going to fly in and out of CM, so I'd rather rent there. Anyone know of any shop in the CM area that can help me? I've contacted Benz at Mr. Mechanic a couple of times, but they don't have panniers/ topcase.

Thanks.

Don Toothman

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
Don't like your chances. Only the guys in CEI have them, but you could cut a a deal with a rental shop or someone, to buy a set of small panniers

287233=14712-img_2627.jpg

- they only cost 7,000 baht - & sell them onto the rental shop, or someone on GT Rider maybe.

287233=14713-img_2626.jpg

287233=14714-img_2628.jpg

Aug 31, 2009
David:

Thanks! I'd thought about that option (cutting a deal with a rental shop to buy them), but figured the language barrier, and me being in the States and them there, would be a deal killer. Since I'm coming in with my wife and sister/ brother-in-law, I don't have the option of figuring this out once I get to CM. We need to hit the ground, hop on the bikes, and go. Any suggestions of which shop in the CM area I should approach with the above option (i.e., who might be most open to the idea)? Otherwise, and unless someone else on the forum has any ideas, I'll pursue the Chiang Rai option.

Oct 20, 2012
Ive just got mine off this fella hes on GT rider seems a good bloke, sorted mine out great speeks english (hes a westerner) no problems what so ever, very informative i done my deal with him over the web...
http://crsaddlebags.com ,he is in chaing rai but he shipped mine to Roi et for 400b,,,give him a call

Sep 30, 2012
If you can cut a deal with mr mechanic I'll hire a set from him for a few days/week in mid April.

I have previously asked him if he can supply these.