Vienna Toyride 2012

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Browsing newspapers from home I found an article and fotos about the Vienna Toyride 2012 which took place on the 17th of June on a nice sunny summers day. Starting point was south of Vienna at SCS (Shopping City South) and they went into town via the southern route Triester Street via Gruenberg Street and headed then for Schoenbrunn palace. A party for all was then held on top of the hill towering the castle near the magnificient "Gloriette" a summer retreat for Austria's Emperor family during hot afternoons in past centuries.
According to the article this was the 20th anniversary and will not be organised in the same way next year. Like here in LOS it is to gather donations for needy children. They had 4,853 bikes participating and could donate Euro 80,000.- during this event.

Here's some fotos, gathering at SCS:
VTR1.jpg

On the southern Triester Street on the way to Vienna:
VTR2.jpg

Up the hill before Schoenbrunn palace:
VTR3.jpg

Party time on top, overseeing the palace:
VTR4.jpg

If there's a similar event next year, I will try to schedule my holidays right then so I can participate too.
Cheers, Franz

Mar 15, 2003
www.daveearly.com
Wow Franz! What I wouldn't give for a turnout like that. We of course have many toy rides in the U.S. and Canada. But the one thing we do different here in Chiang Mai is have the kids at the actual event. At least I haven't seen it anywhere else. There are pros and cons to both. Great job by these guys.

Franz

Jun 28, 2007
Hi Dave, would be a nightmare to handle so many bikes and at least 50% of them Primaballerinas wouldn't it ?
They had the kids everywhere, stopped at the locations where they were waiting on the sidewalks for the bikers to arrive and they were also present at the party, but different to here, no shows and games there. Cheers, Franz