Vientene South East Asai games. What the heck is that?

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
Thailand signs MoU with neighboring countries on compulsory insurance
BANGKOK, Sept 24 (TNA) – Thailand’s Office of the Insurance Commission (OIC) is cooperating with insurance regulators in the Lao PDR, Vietnam and Cambodia regarding compulsory insurance for cross border vehicles, OIC secretary-general Chandra Purnariksha said on Thursday.

The OIC signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Lao PDR’s Department of Fiscal Policy, Vietnam’s Insurance Supervisory Authority and Cambodia’s Department of Financial Industry
The detail of the MoU is to support the operation of the National Bureau of Insurance (NBI) to set up an Insurance Compulsory Centre for motorists to apply for insurance coverage before leaving to any of the four member countries.

The appropriate insurance agency in each country will proceed with making the necessary contract. The project is expected to start before the Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games), which is due to be held in Vientiane, Laos, in December.The OIC secretary general said the agency expected the scheme to promote Thai insurance business to expand an investment base to other countries in the region.

Tourists can buy the insurance at the National Bureau of Insurance (NBI) and will be able to use it in all four countries, she said.

Such cooperation will be expanded to other ASEAN countries such as Singapore and Malaysia to promote tourism, she added. (TNA)

Business News : Last Update : 17:14:07 24 September 2009 (GMT+7:00)

ray23

Oct 14, 2005
If I cared that much I probably would not much going on these days in the forum just trying to get a topic going. Since that could be a good time to try the Friendship bridge. It has some intersting insurnace information as well.

Since I watch Moto G.P. and Superbikes, that is is enough sports for me.

Excuse me sorry I woke you up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Auke

Nov 10, 2003
Ray,

You mention that you just tried to get a topic going. However, when you give your topic the title: Vientene South East Asai games. What the heck is that? you are bound to get answers on that topic :wink: and not on the Insurance question which you probably wanted to discuss.

With regard to the Insurance topic I think that it is a good idea but as long as there are not more details on how things will work I will stick to buying a temporary insurance when going to Laos with my truck.