Vietnam Cycling Tours: Hanoi to Phu Quoc

Sep 4, 2014
This is my review of the trip. I think it helpful for travellers if they want to visit vietnam with vietnam cycling tours.
'My wife and I chose the 5 day tour across the Mekong Delta. We had hoped to get to know the 'real Vietnam' and knew that by cycling, we had a good chance of getting to more out of reach places. My expectations were already high for the tour but somehow it managed to far exceed those expectations in what turned out to be a journey we'll remember for the rest of our lives.
Firstly, I need to assure whoever may be reading this that Vietnam Backroads as a company is one of a kind. Van pioneered this way of exploring the delta and his routing is just perfect, balancing every aspect of country life day by day with a journey that slowly but surely continues to surprise the rider. Trustworthy and professional, have no doubts about booking a tour with them.
Further to this, it is well worth mentioning that the 'service' elements to the trip are also excellent. My wife and I had our own air conditioned support vehicle, standing by and transferring luggage and supplies out of sight but only ever a short ride away. We also had the luxury of having all minor costs including ferry fares, fruit, lunch, dinner and hotels completely taken care of, something that allowed us to completely relax and fully absorb the experience.
Whilst on the bikes we had expert knowledge at our disposal from our wonderful guide Loc, who would always let us decide how far we'd like to go that day, customising the experience to suit both me (a regular rider) and my wife (someone who only rides occasionally). The pace was never dictated and photos or stops were always accommodated. The paths were usually completely car free and the flat delta made for very smooth riding.
The experience took in more than just cycling too... we were taken on private boats to floating markets, explored mangroves and discovered Temples and history of all kinds along the way. Meeting the wonderful people is something i'll never forget, they are naturally joyful and are openly kind wherever you happen to stop. I can still hear the kids running out to yell 'Hello!' wherever we went!
The Hotels were great, naturally some were better than others but only ever where the city or town didn't accommodate as many tourists- a minor cost well worth paying in exchange for the adventure of straying from the beaten track.
In summary, we had an amazing time. We ate multiple courses of wonderful food, were expertly guided wherever we went, saw places I'd never have imagined and had every comfort taken care of in a land where we were greeted with smiles and hospitality from everyone we passed by.
If you are considering a trip and are not sure, just book it. You won't regret it, and whilst I am certain that all the guides are great, be sure to request 'Loc' for your trip, his kindness, knowledge and service go far beyond any guide that I have ever experienced. Book now before the secret is out!'