Vietnam - Google map - A detailed route full of information, pictures and videos

Sep 15, 2012
I designed a Google map of the North west and Central loop of Vietnam. (11 day tour starting from Hanoi and heading up North)

The map consists of the roads driven on, detalied descriptions about the daily routes, including pictures and Videos taken during the trip.

Day 1: Hanoi - Mai Chau (160Km/4 hours)

Day 2: Mai Chau - Son La (180Km/6 hours)

Day 3: Son La - Than Uyen: (160Km/6 hours)

Day 4: Than Uyen - Sapa (130km/4 hours)

Day 5: Sapa - Bac Ha - Xi Man (160 km/5 hours )

Day 6: Xi Man - Ha Giang (150 km/6 hours)

Day 7: Ha Giang - Dong Van (150 km/6 hours)

Day 8: Dong Van - Meo vac - Bao Lac (120 km/4 hours)

Day 9: Bao Lac - Ba Be (120 km/4 hours)

Day 10: Ba Be (Relax and boat trip)

Day 11: Ba Be - Hanoi (220 km/7 hours)

Use the map to navigate around and explore the different location. You can click on the icons in the map or scroll down in this panel to view information or pictures and videos. The map is split into two sections, just scroll down to the end of the list and click on the arrow or page number to view the next section.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205916159877688222459.0004b02a93129708116f1&msa=0

Chris
Flamingo Travel Vietnam

Jan 9, 2011
Awesome loop Chris.
I wish I could do a bit of your loop during this Tet holiday. I am planning to DRIVE from HCM to Thaibinh and then pass Hanoi to head West-Northern.
I've noticed that you have quite many time spending along the road, example the road 100 km plus you will spend for 4-7hours... So what type of roads are you chosen? Are you going to spend lots of time for taking pix or what?
Thanks and have a great trip!

Dec 31, 2013
I am new here to Gt Rider but from what i have seen so far your help has been absolutly awsome Chris so Thankyou...

I am Currenty booking my honey moon to Veitnam with the use of motor cycles as the main form of transport. I will actually be renting through Flamingo travel having the bike sent down to Ho Chi Min in the beginining of Feb. I am a little nervous about getting around during Tet. As i will be trying make my way to Phu Quoc with the bike ferry from Ha Tein and return vai Rach Gia. I saw this route on GT rider but i have not conformed if the Ferry/boat allows for vechicle transport. Do you know if this is possible?

Looking at you Route chris it looks absolutly awsome i just wont have time to do the whole circuit. I am picking up a different bike in Hanoi then heading to Cat Ba and after a few days trying to get out toward Sapa (no reason of preference Sapa was just recomended to me) Since i will only have 4days avalible at that stage and having my wife on the back i would really like to keep days under 4 Hrs.

Would you have any suggestions, recomendations or tips?

I am also really looking for some specific advice on how to get to Cat Ba with a bike.
Plus Veitnam maps and a reliable GPS...

Rod Page

Subscribed
Jan 7, 2010
G'day mate,

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]As the enquiry is directed to you Chris, I'll leave it with you but from memory you'd not been that far south, so here's something to at least kick things along for a fellow Ozzie.[/FONT]

1.Tet - its a GREAT time to be in Vietnam. Just be aware of how things operate, that is read the Tet Report on GTR, organise yourself accordingly & go for it.

2. Take in Chau Doc when heading south - a unique experience - see the report on GTR.

3. On the way south to Ha Tien, Ba Chuc will stop you in your tracks! See GTR report.

4. Vehicles to Phu Quoc - all angles covered in the GTR Phu Quoc Report; the first photo is of bikes being loaded. (Great honeymoon choice)!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]5. Returning via Rach Gia -its a tough call as the trip direct - Phu Quoc to Rach Gia -is a ripper but so is Hon Chong (see the Hon Chong GTR Report) which you miss if not taking the route Ha Tien Rach-Gia......try to fit it all in!!!!![/FONT]

I've not 'linked' the above reports here as wandering through the Vietnam Forum is the best way to plan.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Whatever post a report..... I'm homesick![/FONT]