Want to Buy a CRF 250L - 110K ready and waiting

stoni1

Jun 4, 2012
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to buy a CRF 250 L with green book etc. I would prefer to purchase locally near Chiang mai and the surrounding area's but will consider other areas.

I have 110, 000 THB available.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Stoni

Tel: 0829060453 email: [email protected]

Jun 5, 2008
You may be waiting for a while, I had a friend who ordered 6 from one dealer to get a good price for him and his friends, sold 6 and ordered another 3 and sold them too. They are a great bike and everyone one I know says they are the best little fun bike they've had.
They kind of reminds me of my youth scooting around on SL 250's and SL100/125"s!

Aug 3, 2012
GTNZ;282118 wrote: How much are they brand new? Have you considered buying a new one?
Recommended retail THB130,000 according to one web-site. I don't know how reliable/accurate/current this is but it may be a quide.
Cheers
Ah Boon

stoni1

Jun 4, 2012
I know they are popular but I also know a few peeps who have picked up used examples for around 110k, so I live in hope:lol:

Jul 15, 2012
i think you should be able to find one at that price...135k new out the door with gov insurance and registration

stoni1

Jun 4, 2012
chiangmairich;282115 wrote: You may be waiting for a while, I had a friend who ordered 6 from one dealer to get a good price for him and his friends, sold 6 and ordered another 3 and sold them too. They are a great bike and everyone one I know says they are the best little fun bike they've had.
They kind of reminds me of my youth scooting around on SL 250's and SL100/125"s!
Has he got any more for sale?

stoni1

Jun 4, 2012
May have to purchase a new one. Does anyone know the best deal in Chiang Mai. I know most of the dealers are about 140k but who gives the best package in terms of freebies?

Jul 18, 2009
Nat Honda - bht 135,000 were giving 2000 bht in free accesories plus all onroad costs and firsst 5 services free

stoni1

Jun 4, 2012
Thank you Schackster, I will go and check them out. Whilst googling there location I came across a thread on T-visa and they seemed to have a lot of disguntled customers when it came to servicing etc, any views?

RED21

Aug 15, 2012
stoni1;282191 wrote: May have to purchase a new one. Does anyone know the best deal in Chiang Mai. I know most of the dealers are about 140k but who gives the best package in terms of freebies?
Try Niyom Panich on Mahidol Road near Robinson's. I got a good deal when I bought my CBR from them.

stoni1

Jun 4, 2012
I took them up on their deal. 135k plus free servicing but they only offered me a cheap cheap helmet and the ridiculous jacket which I didn't bother taking. Hope the servicing turns out all right but will cross that bridge when I come to it. I noticed that you guys meet up for some off road stuff and would like to get involved at some stage, My off road experience is limited but maybe a few novice tracks etc when i get used to the bike.

stoni1

Jun 4, 2012
schackster;282213 wrote: Nat Honda - bht 135,000 were giving 2000 bht in free accesories plus all onroad costs and firsst 5 services free

I took them up on their deal. 135k plus free servicing but they only offered me a cheap cheap helmet and the ridiculous jacket which I didn't bother taking. Hope the servicing turns out all right but will cross that bridge when I come to it. I noticed that you guys meet up for some off road stuff and would like to get involved at some stage, My off road experience is limited but maybe a few novice tracks etc when i get used to the bike.

DavidFL

Staff member
Subscribed
Jan 16, 2003
Chiang Khong
www.thegtrider.com
stoni1;282269 wrote: I took them up on their deal. 135k plus free servicing but they only offered me a cheap cheap helmet and the ridiculous jacket which I didn't bother taking. Hope the servicing turns out all right but will cross that bridge when I come to it. I noticed that you guys meet up for some off road stuff and would like to get involved at some stage, My off road experience is limited but maybe a few novice tracks etc when i get used to the bike.
Just go with the flow & enjoy life riding & touring here...it's very good & there's something wrong with you if you can't enjoy yourself here.
Stop by Euro Diner & the X-Centre if you want to know what is going on & where to ride.
Even look at the GT Rider Oldies But Goldies for some history.

Jul 25, 2010
Yes, I think that the Euro Diner is a good start for you. They know a lot about off road stuff as they have a group that does a lot of that. Ask for Gary or Well. Good grub there too.

Jul 18, 2009
stoni1;282269 wrote: I took them up on their deal. 135k plus free servicing but they only offered me a cheap cheap helmet and the ridiculous jacket which I didn't bother taking. Hope the servicing turns out all right but will cross that bridge when I come to it. I noticed that you guys meet up for some off road stuff and would like to get involved at some stage, My off road experience is limited but maybe a few novice tracks etc when i get used to the bike.
They had a promotion for the month of August, 2000 free accesories with any bike purchased. deposit paid near month end , bike picked up a few days ago. Had to remind them of the deal ( funny how quickly they forgot that bit ), nevertheless, got my bits and pieces yesterday . If you look at the brochure showing official extras for the CRF their all basically useless anyway.Mainly an assortment of useless cosmetic plastic covers. We also got 2 nylon jackets, umbrella, purse and key ring (thats the only reason for buying :smile1: ).

I was there yesterday for about an hour getting soemthing adjusted and when finished I was told to go and pay for the work , ready to give them a blast at the counter I was given a whopping bill for a whole 32 baht. Needless to say I kept my mouth shut for a change.

stoni1

Jun 4, 2012
schackster;282281 wrote: They had a promotion for the month of August, 2000 free accesories with any bike purchased. deposit paid near month end , bike picked up a few days ago. Had to remind them of the deal ( funny how quickly they forgot that bit ), nevertheless, got my bits and pieces yesterday . If you look at the brochure showing official extras for the CRF their all basically useless anyway.Mainly an assortment of useless cosmetic plastic covers. We also got 2 nylon jackets, umbrella, purse and key ring (thats the only reason for buying :smile1: ).

I was there yesterday for about an hour getting soemthing adjusted and when finished I was told to go and pay for the work , ready to give them a blast at the counter I was given a whopping bill for a whole 32 baht. Needless to say I kept my mouth shut for a change.
I tried in vain to get the 2000 thb of promotion stuff but it fell on death ears, even when I was waving the wad at them, Seems to be the way in Thailand, just plain hard bargainers lol. I figured that the price was 5k lower than the other dealers so I counted my blessing. I have basic motor bike gear any ways. Mind you whn they delivered I did spot a key ring in the bottom of the document bag...ha ha ha

Jul 25, 2010
I am told that if you want quality accessories for the CRF, go to the Dirt Bike shop next to Triumph (Brit Bikes) on Moon Muang Road. Apparently they have the folding gear shifts etc.

stoni1

Jun 4, 2012
ronwebb;282280 wrote: Yes, I think that the Euro Diner is a good start for you. They know a lot about off road stuff as they have a group that does a lot of that. Ask for Gary or Well. Good grub there too.
Thanks Ronwebb, I went along and met Gary's wife who was very helpful, had a wonderful breakfast and can thoroughly recommend.

stoni1

Jun 4, 2012
Davidfl;282272 wrote: Just go with the flow & enjoy life riding & touring here...it's very good & there's something wrong with you if you can't enjoy yourself here.
Stop by Euro Diner & the X-Centre if you want to know what is going on & where to ride.
Even look at the GT Rider Oldies But Goldies for some history.
I stopped on by the euro dinner and met Gary and he invited me to do the Samoeng loop over the weekend. Had a great time although a little slippery in places on the new tryres. We stopped on by the X- centre and met Ian and a few others, great bunch of Guy's. Big thanks to Gary for a great day!