Wanted 2004 K1200LT wind Shielf

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Hi guys

Even I’m not in the country at the moment, i would like to check if any one has or knows where to get ORGINAL and clear K1200LT wind Shield for my 2004 beemer.

I know I can order from Barcelona and pay about house or half of the house price out of it,, but would there be any alternative options?

Even I’m in USA i cant get it fitted in to my suitcase ...LOL

Any ideashelps are highly appreciated.

Thnx
-Marco-

Jun 21, 2006
Marco

do they have the Thai style stripey bags over there in the U.S. of A.

If so I am sure you could find one big enuf for your screen, just take it on as hand baggage, then keep it in stripey bag when coming thru customs here

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
Marco,

Will a wind shield fit in one of those 3-piece suit garment bags that business travellers carry? They are carry-on and the stewardess will put it in a closet for you 8)
I think you can get them at drycleaners in the US? If you had bought a suit from an Indian tailor here you would have one :wink:

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Bush pilot

Thanx,, i was looking last night and i have no idea how did i missed that one,, will try to get it and also to Thai as hand carrry,, will see what happens,,,

this approved that always can trust of fellow GT-riders,, as many eyes are better than just one pair,,, :D

also,, just incase i cant find or get one from states,, if any one of you lad's hear or see any screens on sale in LOS,, let me know.

mikerust

Subscribed
Nov 5, 2003
Marco wrote:
also,, just incase i cant find or get one from states,, if any one of you lad's hear or see any screens on sale in LOS,, let me know.
Tyga Performance in Pattaya get screens made here. If you have a sample they could probably get one made for you. Eh Matt?

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
Mike

Yes i have but it's on the place and i wanna have it already at my home when i come so i dont need to drive and wait that to made,,,but if they know how the K1200LT beemer wind screen are they could make me an offer...

Jul 18, 2007
Actually if you buy it in a box I don't see any reason why you could not just check the box. On Thai I brought my mountain bike over, and stuffed the box full of bike accessories, motorcycle helmets, and clothes. Because it was one of my check-ins, and the total weight of my baggage was less than 70 (pounds/kgs?) I did not have to pay a penny extra.

Even if not in a box, you could buy a cheap extra large suitcase and put it inside. I've improvised like that with bags that I bought at JFK. Thai said that one of my bags was too heavy and I'd have to pay a surcharge. The person at the counter said that if I'd buy another bag and lighten the heavy one, there'd be no charge. That's what I did.

You should not have a problem with this item...

Marco

Oct 15, 2006
Khuang Nai
mikerust wrote: [quote quote=Marco]
Tyga Performance in Pattaya get screens made here. If you have a sample they could probably get one made for you. Eh Matt?

Mike
Do you or could you have contact details to TYGA in Pattaya?
i could drop mail to them and ask how long they need time for making me one.

Cheers