Wanted Honda Africa Twin or Transalp

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Looking for a Honda Africa Twin or Transalp. Bike in good condition and only with thai green book. Price according year, mileage, condition and maintenance...

Thanks
Gobs

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Thanks Ian to tell me "he has one"...
But, hem!, are you speaking of Africa Twin or Transalp? :roll:

No problem, I already sent to Scott an e-mail through GTR. I only hope it's the right Scott!..

Has Siam Racing a site on the Internet? Or official mailing adress? Maybe a phone number?..

Cheers,
Gobs

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Thanks a lot David and Ian,

Very kind from you to "take care" of my request...
I can find the phone number on their web site, no problem.
I 've already noted the elements and I'm going to send a new e-mail to Scott at Siam Racing.

They have a Yam XTZ 750 Super Ténéré for sale on their web site but I don't know if it's realy updated... Mmmmh, and for me the XTZ is not as "interesting and good" as the Africa Twin or the Transalp.
Some advice?..

Cheers,
Gobs

Jul 28, 2004
I was in Scott's place last week and he actually had two Africa twins in stock, both of the red/white/blue model as i recall!

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Thanks Barry, good to know.

Can't find the phone number of Siam Racing even on their web site: there is none!..
Hemmm, somebody knows this phone number?

Cheers
Gobs

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Geeeeeeeeeee!

It's not the actual phone number, I guess. It's said "temporarily out of service" :cry:

I found an other one through TOT services, but felt down on a "call center" and nobody answers :cry: :cry:

Mai pen rai...

Aug 5, 2007
Scotts shop is just on the road from where I live .Ipass it 5-6 times per day if you want me to get u a contact number just sms me ... It is no problem.

Aug 5, 2007
I hope you got the phone number for Siam Racing that I sent u this morning but here are the 2 numbers - 038-233659 office and mobile 0870911211...and Scott's e-mail is [email [email protected]][email protected][/email]. I have 1 question when did they stop making the Africa Twin? P.s the email has a down line between scot_hana.

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Thanks a lot Richard!

Yes I've got the number you sent me... Nice from you.
But I was busy today, so no had a call yet. Tomorrow at the daybreak, sure!..

About stoping the production of the AT, I'm not sure, but it's something like the year 2003 (at least the last year in France)... David knows better I think...

I've always said that GTR is very friendly et helpfull. A lot of guys, very different I guess, but truly hand in hand when there is a need...
Thanks to all.

Cheers,
Gobs

Aug 5, 2007
O.K. if it was 2003, it just got me thinking because at Siam there is a 2002 and I think a 2000 but do not quote me on that as I did not have a good look at the bikes but yes he has 2 in at moment.

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
So 2 bikes of the latest serie. Good to know...

Thanks for the input Richard.

Cheers,
Gobs

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
Thanks to all,

I'm now in touch with Scott for... THE THING :p

Wait and see how it ends...

Cheers,
Gobs

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
:cry:
Mmmmmmmh, not so good, Beattheswiss. Not so good, I'm afraid of...
About the Africa twin, things are on stand-by: I found two bikes on adds, one, hem!, not sure it can be rode 10 km with... So forget! The other one has the look of a 650 but the green book of a 750 model (?) and 70000 km on the clock... So forget too! The one I was in touch with Siam Racing in Pattaya, I've no news: the shop suggested to send me pictures by mail before I have a go to Pat... 2 weeks ago. I called him 3 times. Speaks very much on the phone, but doesn't do so much... And (I'm so done, sorry :roll: ) when somebody speaks more than does, mmmh, my trust goes way down... So I don't even think now to have a jump to Pat. Maybe the guy in shop is very, very, very top-up-over-busy or has so many customers that a poor lonesome guy from the North, well, you know...

8)
Mmmmmmmh, but maybe not so bad too...
As I had time to check here and there, by chance, I came in the Yamaha big bike shop (Charoen Motor) here in CNX. And begun to have a look at the brand new FZ6F... Joe -very efficient and friendly seller- give me a catalogue and OK, I left...
Thoughts and dreams going, I went back to Charoen Motor: what is the price of the FZ6F?, the power?, the torque?, and this and that... And well, thank you, I left... But this time, with a glitter in the eye and in the soul, if I can say.
And I confess I met the Yam FZ6F -and Joe!- one more time to have a more accurate checkings...

You know what, Beattheswiss: maybe I'm falling in love with the Yam FZ6F, forgetting all what the guys said here about the so efficient Africa Twin...
I know at my age it may not be reasonable, but when the heart is speaking... it's difficult not to dance on what it is singing!

So now, I'm in trouble with this...
FZ6 or not FZ6, that is the question.
:shock:

Cheers friends,
and thanks to take care of my "becomings"...
Gobs

Mar 11, 2008
I was very tempted by an FZ6 (tho I wanted the naked which is harder to get) and the whole dealer support thing with parts and stuff is real appealing.

However be aware the Kwaker should have the ER6N in in the next 3 months (I was told december but TiT)..

Now I much prefer the FZ6.. 4 cyl v 2, nicer styled IMO etc etc.. But the FZ6 is on the road at what 447k ?? And the prices we are hearing for the ER6N are under 300 (my local shop said 270 but most people are saying higher). At 150k price difference I would have a hard time making the commitment to the FZ6.

Also we never know whats happening with FZ6 prices in the face of some competition.. I think in a year or so the big bike scene could well be a lot more competitive.

KZ

Aug 20, 2003
I'd go for the ER6N over the FZR anytime! The Kawa is lighter, slimmer, sexier and I prefer a twin over an inline-four. It's got enough power to get you in trouble. Who needs a hundred horses in Thailand?!
Plus you save 150 grand - that's the price of a new KLX250!!

Sep 4, 2007
I find I can use a good part of my 146 horses to get me out of and away from trouble, rather than into it. Overtaking is one of the most risky manouveres around here and thats when it comes in most useful.

gobs

Feb 8, 2007
I agree with John. On open roads, by my own experience, some good kick of power may help you. You just have to master it...

About the Kawy ER6, sorry guys, I HATE IT so much! IMHO, it's like some low-cost designed Star-Trek-Vessel-Replica... And this big shock/spring on the right hand side, like a part of a broken body-builder machine just lost here by chance: beurk and re-beurk! :mrgreen:
So, for me, exit the ER6! No comment!..

Now, please, look friends, the FZ6F is better designed. Predator bio-edge shaped, yes, but with a wised agressivity... Better featured... Better this... Better that... Better... Well, no matter, I do like it!

150 KB more? OK, that's a lot of money... And I'm far away from a wealthy or a rich guy. I'm an average Farang addicted to motorcycles and have the Farang's average way of life... And enjoy it...
And at the deepest of myself, you know, I guess that at the end, this 150 KB, I don't think I need to grab them with me when I will be settled 6 feet down into hearth. :roll:

In fact I suppose I just want to make a (big but in my abilities) gift to myself. And I can confess here that it would be the first time in my life I buy a brand new bike, though (as KZ says somewhere on the forum) I owned dozens of bunch of bikes back home in France.
So, why a brand new bike? Just because I'm bored -very bored- with all the hassles about green books, fake or not -so if you are not sure maybe your bikes will be seized in a near future!, and the coming of the gasohol -so maybe your engine bikes will be destroyed or at least unuseful in a near future!
Then, I decided to subscribe like an insurance on peace and quiet for some 200 KB over the 250 KB I planned previously to put on a second hand one.
Doing this, I feel conform with myself for the moment...

Cheers to all,
Gobs

PS: Wow, what a long speach! Sorry guys. :mrgreen: