Wanted: Honda GB 4/500 GB Clubman

Aug 5, 2007
I love the Honda GB at the moment I've got 2 of them, great bikes but quite hard to source any parts for them here in Thailand, but there are heaps of spares that can be ordered from Japan. The GB 500 is harder to find in Thailand as it was not meant for the Asia market.

davevb

Jan 6, 2008
Thanks. I've seen a few on Thai websites, just wondering if there was one in any of the shops in CM?

I think the engines are very similar to the Honda XR series? I have heard an XR 600 engine will bolt right in.

Nice bikes.

Aug 5, 2007
The engine on the Honda GB clubman is indeed like an Xr but other than the engine the rest of the parts are all unique to the GB. In Australia and the UK the GB engine is used in a different frame and is called XBR500 and so the XBR workshop manual( part # C2008812F) Published in 1985 can be used for the GB because according to my research Honda did not produce a workshop manual for the GB in English. Also the GB comes in two versions one been a single seater cafe racer version complete with front fairing and no passenger footpegs and the other having no front fairing, but a double seat and passanger footpegs.

jon

Nov 3, 2006
I see there is a 250 Clubman for sale on the citylife website. The ad was posted on the 2nd january and the guy is looking 30,000 baht ( with the possibility of discount)

Aug 5, 2007
The 250 CC Honda Clubman is different again, smaller tank, twin exhaust and an engine similar to the Honda Rebel.

davevb

Jan 6, 2008
I don't think I could live with a 250, I am too big. I see there are a couple of 400's on mocyc.com

Aug 5, 2007
Dave, there are quite a few that appear on there in and around the area of CM if you want to know anything more just give me a call ... Rich I will tell you my experiences of my time as a fan and owner of the GB 4OO .. and I myself are at the moment trying to find a a spare tank, supertrapp exhaust, a 250cc engine, and a set up of passanger pegs.