Wanted Yamaha MT 01

Feb 14, 2007
Hi,

I'm looking to buy a 2006/2007 Black Yamaha MT 01. Must be legally registered in Thailand.

Cheers,

Scooter

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
There is two of them for sale in Pattaya. The shop is situated at the south end of Third Road just before the bridge. I do not think they have any plates he promise the book in one month.

Feb 14, 2007
Hiko,

Thanks for the information. Do you have a telephone number or email for that shop?

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
Scooter,

The telephone number to Joe is 0813512589. I just heard that he maybe has sold one of the bikes,

hiko

Sep 26, 2006
To my knowledge MTs are either dark blue or silver, I haven't seen any black ones, mine is dark blue.

Klaus

Mar 8, 2004
MT 01 - is that the futuristic looking naked bike with a neutered, 20-year-old redone Virago engine?

Feb 14, 2007
No Klaus,

The engine is a substantially redone Road Star Warrior engine (102 cu in, 1670cc), first seen in 2002. Virago that was a real dog with a shaft drive. Real motorcycles have chains or belts!

Pikey

www.tbbtours.com
Scooter/Klaus,

If i remember rightly, the shitter was called a Bulldog (BT1100)vand was a naked aircooled v-twin kinda styled to look a bit like a Duke Monster but didn't really make an impression on the market due to a lacklustre engine which never delivered the beans that the bike looked to have.

From what I understand (never ridden one), the MT01 is an entirely different animal = torque monster!

Cheers,

Pikey.

Klaus

Mar 8, 2004
Yep, I remember now, right, that was the "Bulldog". . . it's been over five years since I had a CYCLE WORLD in my hands . . .
The 1600 Yamaha engine had pushrods, right? Like a Harley. Too make the engine fit under the tank. Had a stroke like a steam engine, but cut out 4400 revvs, if I remember right.
Maybe I'll have to google it, sounds kinda interesting. What kind of frame did they shoehorn the engine in? What's the bike good for?

Oct 17, 2006
quote:

Originally posted by HIKO

There is two of them for sale in Pattaya. The shop is situated at the south end of Third Road just before the bridge. I do not think they have any plates he promise the book in one month.

book in 1 month is optimistic , more like 3 to 6 months in pattaya.If you buy the bike arrange to pay the value less cost of book 50-70k with balance on receipt of book.That is what I always do.

jerry

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
jERRY

I KNOW THAT 1 MONTH IS OPTIMISTIC I ONLY QUOTED WHAT THE SELLER JOE SAID. I BOUGHT A XR 400 SUPER MOTO FROM HIM ON LAST SATURDAY AND HE PROMISED THE BOOK ( A CLEAN ONE)IN ONE MONTH SO I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED HOW IT WORKS OUT.

I HAVE WAITED AT ANOTHER PATTAYA SHOP 18 MONTHS FOR A BOOK TO MY 650 TRANSALP AND WHEN I FINALLY GOT IT WAS 20 YEARS OLD ACCORDING TO THE BOOK (I THINK THAT THE 650 TRANSALP HAS ONLY BEEN ON THE MARKET FOR LESS THAN 10 YEARS)

I HAVE ALSO WAITED 3 YEARS FOR A BOOK TO MY NEW 650 PEGASO FROM RED BARON AND THEY GAVE UP AND GAVE MY REGISTRATION MONEY (62.500) BACK LAST WEEK WHEN i BOUGHT A VALKYRIE.

I HAVE LEARNED THE HARD WAY WHAT "ONE MONTH" "THREE MONTH" "MAYBE NEXT WEEK" MEANS IN THAI.

I THINK THAT IT WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR OTHERS EXPERIENCE ON THIS ISSUE ON A SEPARATE FORUM.

WOULD ALSO BE NICE TO FIND SOMEBODY WHO CAN TELL HOW TO REGISTER A BIKE LEGALLY WITH THE TAX MONEY GOING TO THE STATE AND NOT TO ANY CORRUPT OFFICIAL. I AM TOLD BY MANY SHOPS NOW THAT FOR 82.5000 BAHT ANY BIG BIKE CAN GET PLATES BUT THE BIKE MUST BE BROUGHT TO BANGKOK FOR A TECHNICAL TEST INCLUSIVE EXHAUST TEST, BUT NOBODY WANT TO TELL ME THE ADRESS.

AND SCOOTER THE TWO MT01 ARE STILL HERE IN PATTAYA ONE SILVER ONE BLACK

Feb 14, 2007
Thanks, Hiko.

The whole bike-buying situation in Thailand is crazy. As you say, why don't the authorities maek buying and regsitering a bike easy, they could generate a lot of revenue for the country. If I could go to bangkok and pay 82,500 Baht for a 'real' plate I would be up there in a flash!

Cheers,

Scooter

Oct 17, 2006
HIKO I bet the other shop was Siam racing motorcycles who u waited ages for. to register a bike u need to get the import paper work and bike to the land transport office in Morchit or Samut prakan. Inspection ,taxes , insurance ,could be anything from 30,000 to 80,000 depending on value and capacity of bike.

No import paper work or invoice from customs and the bike will never be registerd legally.

jerry

Klaus

Mar 8, 2004
Over 80.000 baht just for a registration...?!

Shucks, I wish I had 80.000 baht to buy me a BIKE......!

HIKO

Nov 7, 2005
Originally posted by monsterman

HIKO I bet the other shop was Siam racing motorcycles who u waited ages for.

No Jerry not this time. I was waiting for the book from a ever smiling chinese man at Road Machine.

Jerry are actually doing the registration yourself or do you use a middle man (agent) Do you know how much of the money ends up in the goverments book and how much are pure "teamoney" for the officials. The Thai system is not very transparent...

hiko

frankc

Jan 27, 2007
HI GUYS ,

KNOW THE "SMILING CHINESE GUY ON 3RD ROAD ,

ALSO HAD THE SAME ISSUE WITH THE MAGIC BOOK,

BUT HE DID COME THROUGH IN THE END ,JUST 4 MONTHS LATE !!

Oct 17, 2006
The smiling man is Chatri from road bike , i have known him 10 years and done a lot of business with him , be patient , he always comes through in the end. Sometimes i HAVE DONE IT MYSELF , SOMETIMES USED AN AGENT , cHATRI DID 2 BIKES FOR ME BOTH TOOK 5 MONTHS , unfortunatly the Thai registration system is hit and miss , last year I put 4 harleys into Samat Prakan office on the same day 2 were registered in 6 weeks , I1 bike took 5 months and 1 is still waing for a book after 14 months all had perfect paperwork and there is no telling what goes on with the officials , my Ducati S took 5 months and cost 80,000 baht.

I am not doing anymore at present as I no longer trust the government and their officials.

jerry